Chapter 20 (Healing)

Duke and Jones took the boys to a new hidden location while Cam and Johnny were still out from the surgery.
Johnny was the first to wake.
He reached for Cam but he wasn't next to him like usual.
Johnny's heart started to race, his neck hurt and he didn't know where Cam was.
He started crying.
"Cam!" Johnny finally found his voice.
Jones was the first one in the room.
"Where's Cam?
What happened?" Johnny cried.
"Cam's in his own bed.
Over there." Jones pointed towards a window, it hurt to look over and Johnny chose not to force himself.
"Why do I feel numb?" Johnny cried.
"There was a medical chip integrated with your spinal cord.
Janet said you will be numb while you heal." Jones sighed as he sat on the chair combining his fingers through Johnny's hair trying to keep him calm and relaxed.
"Jones what was the medical chip for? Who put it there?" Johnny was able to look over at Jones but was still trying to reach for Cam as he gripped his sheet instead, tears started to well up.
"As soon as Cam wakes we'll push his bed against yours, he's doing good and responding to the treatment just like you.
The med chip was giving you boys hallucinations, causing your dreams to feel real.
Janet thinks it was giving you higher doses that caused the two of you to go into shock because it was trying to get you back into the dream state." Jones sighed.
"Who put it there?" Johnny was getting agitated.
"Johnny please relax.
Johnny do you remember when we were separated before going to the factory?" Jones asked as calm as possible.
"No I don't." Johnny said as he looked over as Cam finally.
Jones knew better.
Johnny remembers his first word, his first step, even the first time he loved Jones as his dad and hated him as his enemy.
Jones knows Johnny remembers that moment they separated them.
"Johnny please.
Its either me or Janet but either way your gonna have to tell one of us." Jones made him look at him.
"You sure Cam is okay?
Why isn't he awake yet?" Johnny switched gears.
"Johnny he's fine, you know he's a heavy sleeper, you never were.
Now please we need to know...
I need to know what happened." Jones scolded as he started to cry.
Johnny looked at him trying to tell if this was this real.
Was Jones actually concerned for his well being?
Tears welled up as Johnny tried not to remember.
"Please I don't want to think about it now." Johnny whispered as he looked away again to look at Cam...
"Morning Johnathan." Janet smiled as she came in to check his Iv and catheter.
"How are you feeling?" Janet smiled as she checked his vitals.
She took her pen and ran it on the bottom of his left foot.
Johnny giggled and wiggled his toes.
"That's a good sign." Janet smirked as she went to the right.
She didn't get the same response but he said he felt something.
"Its going to take some time till we know for sure if any damage was done.
Jones I want you to do some leg exercises with them when you come in." Janet said as she showed him what to do.
"Okay squeeze this ball for me in your left hand...
Good now your right....
Good its just your right leg..." Janet sighed.
"Okay Johnny can you name the animals on this chart?" Janet asked as she held the chart in front of him.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.