⎡iii; 24⎦

"AHHHHHHHH!" I screamed jumping onto my bed. My father came rushing in, wand in hand.

"Hazel what's wrong?!"

"AHHHHH!" I screamed again pointing at the book trying to eat me. My dad scooped up the book and held it shut.

"Hazel! Get a belt!" I ran to my dad's room and grabbed a belt in the drawer. I rushed back to my Dad trying to wrestle the book. He pushed it out and I wrapped the belt around it. He put the book back on the desk with the rest of my books.

"Whew. Thanks Dad" I said sitting on the bed.

"Sure Hazie. Is that really on your list of books?" he asked joining me on the bed. I nodded and handed him the supply list. He scanned the list and handed it back to me nodding.

"Hagrid sent me the copy of The Monster Book of Monsters and I didn't open it until just now. Because, well, I have school tomorrow!" I exclaimed. "Oh! Dad, did you sign the permission slip to Hogsmeade?"

"Yup. Sure did. I loved going to Hogsmeade when I went to Hogwarts. Now, let's have lunch." We went downstairs and outside to call James inside for lunch. He was riding around on his broom.

"Is the only thing you do Quidditch?" I asked as he landed from on his broom.

"Nah. Just doing because I want muscles." It was true, though. James really bulked up this year. I did too a little. My hair now touched my lower back and I did see a few.. slight curves here and there.

We went down to the dining room and had our sandwiches. Dad was reading the Daily Prophet when I noticed the headline. It said: ESCAPE FROM AZKABAN! Below, there was a sunken-faced man with long, matted hair, who seemed to be screaming in the moving picture.

 It said: ESCAPE FROM AZKABAN! Below, there was a sunken-faced man with long, matted hair, who seemed to be screaming in the moving picture

"Dad who is that?" I asked. He looked at me from over the paper and closed it.

Dad's eyes went back to the paper and he said, "This here is Sirius Black. He was a murderer, and got himself locked up in Azkaban for it."

"Wow." I stood up and stretched. "I'm going to paint. I'll be out later."

"Okay. Oh, wait! Hazel look!" My dad thrust the paper towards me. On it, it showed a picture of the Weasley family in Egypt. I gapped.

 I gapped