Chapter 2: Dance Dates

Every year on Valentine's Day, we have a dance at school. I don't have a date this year though. As I was lost in thought, thinking about the dance, I didn't notice our teacher was making an announcement about it. "Class, as you know the sweetheart dance is coming up. This year is guys ask girls. Today in class we are going to take time to pick your dates for the dance. The person has to be in either this class or Mr. Wright's class down the hall." she announced.

"Hi Allison." I heard Thomas say. "Are you going to the sweetheart dance?" he asked. Is he going to ask me? "Yes, if someone asks me to go." I replied. He suddenly had a big smile on his face. I wonder why.

After class Kaya and Ki Hong were going together. Dylan and Bella were going together. Will and some girl were going together. I still didn't have a date. Neither did Thomas. I was really surprised because he is so perfect. I wonder if he just turned down some offers.

*Time Skip*

After lunch, I went to my locker. As I opened it, a note fell out. It said
Hi Allison,
Can I talk to you during our next class?
- Love Thomas

I couldn't wait to find out what he wanted to talk to me about, so I ran to my next class. Enrichment. As I walked to my seat (which is right next to Thomas's) I saw Thomas stand up. He gave me a bouquet of flowers and knelt down on the floor on one knee. He held out two tickets to the dance. "Allison, will you go to the dance with me?" he asked. Everyone was staring, anxious to see what I would say. Even Mr. Wright was staring at us.

Without hesitating, I took one of the tickets and yelled, "Yes! Of course I'll go with you." He wraps his arms around me in a big hug. In the back round I hear people saying awwww. I ignore them and focus on me and Thomas. I back up from the hug and kiss his cheek. He blushes and smiles.

"Please take your seats everyone. Time for class to start." Mr. Wright says. Throughout the whole class, me and Thomas kept sneaking looks at each other. He held my hand when I was done with my work. After we were dismissed, it was time for science class. My homeroom teacher, Mrs. Lane is the teacher for that class.

Me and Thomas sat in our regular homeroom seats. Everyone kept passing our desks and telling us that we are love birds. I didn't mind though. I don't care what they say.

During science, Thomas still held my hand. He also kissed my cheek every now and then. Thomas can be the sweetest guy in the world sometimes.

After class, I walked with Thomas to our lockers. Our hands were intertwined together and people wouldn't leave us alone. Finally, we got to our lockers. They are next to each other. I added a picture of Thomas on the door with hearts on it and showed him. He smiled and showed me his locker. He had the same thing, but with me instead of him. We got our stuff and walked back to homeroom.

I put all of my notebooks, books, and folders away. Thomas did the same. As we were waiting to be dismissed we talked to Bella, Kaya, Dylan, Ki Hong, and Will. They were all excited to go to the dance. They weren't as excited as me and Thomas though.

"All walkers and riders are now dismissed." Someone announced over the speakers throughout the school. That's our cue. Thomas grabbed my hand and walked me to his car. He opened the passenger door for me and I got in. He then ran around to his side and turned the car on. We started backing up, then leaving. Thomas drove me to my house and dropped me off. "Thank you Tommy." I said as I got out of the car. "No problem love. I'll see you later, bye." He waved as he drove away.

I walked up to my doorstep and unlocked the door. I walked inside and went up to my room. I don't have anything to wear for the dance this Friday. I have to go shopping. I decided to ask Bella.
Hey, can we go shopping for dresses? I asked

Sure. I need one anyway. She replied.

Yay! Shopping.