Chapter 7: The Date

Thomas and I started driving to the coffee shop. It was small but looked really fancy. Thomas parked the car and got out. He walked around to my side and opened the door for me.
"Thanks." I said as he closed the door.

We started walking towards the door. Thomas opened it for me and we went inside. I sat down at a table next to him. A waiter gave us menus. We took a minute to decide what we wanted.
"May I take your order?" The waiter asked.
"Yes. Can I have a sandwich with lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, and cheese? To drink I'll have a regular coffee with milk and two spoons of sugar. For Allison, she will have a caramel iced coffee with cream and two spoons of sugar." Thomas said.
"Is that all?" the waiter asked.
"Yup, that should be all." Thomas answered. The waiter started leaving.
"Thanks for ordering for me Tommy." I said.
"Your welcome love." he said.

After a few minutes, the waiter came with our food. We started eating. Thomas had a little bit of sandwich crumbs on his face so I wiped them off. He smiled and kissed me on the cheek. When we finished our food and drinks, Thomas offered to pay.
"Are you sure you want to pay?" I asked.
"Of course. I want to pay for our first date." He said.
"Ok." I said.
He gave his money to the waiter and grabbed my hand. We walked out to the car and got in. We drove to my house to hang out. My parents were on a business trip for today so we wouldn't see them around.

As we got there, Thomas parked the car. We got out and started walking toward the front door. I unlocked it and we walked inside.
"Hey Tommy, do you want to do something fun?" I asked.
"Of course." He answered.
"Let's make a cake." I said.

With that, we grabbed the ingredients. I put music on my phone. We started dancing and putting the ingredients together. After that, we put the cake in the oven.

While we waited, we kept dancing. A song called a thousand years by Christina Perri came on.
"This is our song." Thomas said as he pulled me closer to him. We swayed back and forth, dancing.
"I love you." I whispered to him.
"I love you too." Thomas whispered back.

Lyrics:

Heartbeats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more
Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more
One step closer
One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more

This is the perfect song for us. I will love him for a thousand years. Beep beep. A timer went off, ruining the moment. I let go of Thomas and opened the oven. I grabbed the cake and put it on the counter. Thomas passed me the vanilla frosting so I could put it on the chocolate cake. I put it on the cake. The frosting started melting all over the cake, turning into icing. It was perfect. We had to wait for it to cool down.

I sat down with Thomas on the couch. There was a kind of awkward silence between us. The timer just had to ruin our perfect moment. We sat there for a few minutes then went to the kitchen. I cut two pieces out and gave one to Thomas. We ate in silence.

My phone started vibrating. I got a text from Bella.
Can I come over for our sleep over now? She asked.

I guess so. I answered.

Thomas had to go anyway. I kissed him and he went out the door. A few minutes later, Bella showed up at the door.