Chapter 4: Having fun in the backyard

I heard someone close the door to a car. I walked through the gate and outside. Thomas was there. "Hi Tommy!" I said as I ran into his arms. He wrapped his arms around me. "Hey love." He said and kissed my forehead. I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me. He had his swim suit under his clothes and a towel in his clutch.

As I ran to the grill to finish cooking, I saw Thomas jump into the pool with Bella. They both swam around. After a few minutes I finished the food. "Food is ready!" I yelled. Both of them ran out of the pool and tried to race each other. Thomas's feet were wet so he slipped and fell. I ran over to him. "Are you ok?" I asked concerned. He nodded. I helped him up and gave him a burger.

We all sat down by the pool and ate our food. I was the first one to finish. I ran inside and changed so I could swim. I grabbed a towel and ran outside. When Thomas saw me, he tried to finish his food quickly so he could swim with me.

I ran and jumped into the pool. The water was surprisingly warm. Thomas ran after me and jumped. He landed right in front of me. I got splashed in the face and started laughing. Bella came a minute after that. We were all swimming together.

I waved at Thomas under the water. He waved back and blew a kiss at me. I pretended to catch it and I blew a kiss back. Even under water, I could see that Thomas blushed when I blew the kiss at him. We went up for air. I went back under before him and swam towards him. He didn't see me so I used that to my advantage to scare him. I grabbed his legs and pulled him under water. I went up for air and saw that Bella was laughing because Thomas screamed.

He came up and stared at her with a mad look. "You scared me to death." Thomas complained. "Aw, poor baby. Does someone need a kiss on their boo boo." I said in a baby voice. He smiled. "I think I do need a kiss on my boo boo. Right here." He said as he pointed to his lips. I stood on my tip toes and kissed him. He started pulling me under water. I was the one that screamed this time. Thomas and Bella were laughing.

Suddenly, I heard a car parking in the drive way. Mom and Dad. "Allison, are you out here?" My mom said. "Yup!" I yelled. I saw my parents walk to the edge of the pool. "You have friends over?" They asked in unison. They are so much alike. I nodded, answering their question. "Who is this and this." My dad said pointing at Bella then Thomas. "This is Thomas, we are going to the dance together. This is Bella, my best friend." I said. "Is he your boyfriend?" My mom asked pointing at Thomas. "I am her boyfriend and I love her." Thomas suddenly spoke up. "Ok. Allison he looks like a sweet boy." Mom said. I nodded. "I made dinner. It's over there." I said while pointing at the grill. They walked away and there was an awkward silence.

"Sorry about that." I said to Bella and Thomas. They nodded. "Wait, so you are my boyfriend?" I asked. "I guess so. We kiss, hug, and we are going to the dance together." He said. "Well, I'm glad to have you as a boyfriend." I said. Thomas smiled and kissed me again. "Ewww." I heard Bella say in the backround. I ignored her.

After a while of swimming in the pool, we went inside and changed. "Can I stay over tonight?" Thomas asked through the door as I was changing in my room. "Sure. I just have to find out where you'll sleep. I am sleeping in my bed, Bella is sleeping with her sleeping bag on the floor, I don't know where you could sleep."I say. "Can I just use a blanket and lay on the floor?" He said. "If you want to." I said and finished changing. I walked out of my room. "I have to go pick up some clothes, a pillow, and blankets. I'll be right back love." He said as he kissed my forehead and walked out the door.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of water. "Do you like this boy?" My dad asked. "Yes. I like him a lot." I answered. "If he breaks your heart, I'll break him. You know that right?" He said. I nodded and he walked away. That was really weird.