Chapter 16: Back To School

*Thoughts*

It's been a week of trying to get used to this cast and the crutches. Thomas had been a big help. He basically helps me with everything. The only bad thing is I fall of these crutches sometimes. It's hard to use them.

*Actual beginning *

The smell of bacon causes me to wake up. It's Monday and me and Thomas have school. I get up from the bed, grab my crutches, get some clothes, go to the bathroom. It is hard to put my shorts on but I manage. I put a white shirt on that says 'Great we're all bloody inspired'. It is from The Maze Runner. I put on some black jean shorts and my shoes. I then brush my teeth and do my hair. I put my hair up into a pony tail and get out of the bathroom. I grab my phone and put it in my pocket.
"Tommy!" I yell.
He comes up and helps me down the stairs. When I get to the bottom, I use my crutches to walk to the kitchen. Thomas puts a plate with bacon, eggs, toast, and a pancake in front of me.
"Thank you so much." I say.
"No problem. Eat up." He says as he walks to the stove to grab his food.

When we finish eating, Thomas grabs my backpack and puts it on my back. We walk outside and he helps me get into the car. I sit down as Thomas puts his backpack and my crutches in the back seats of the car. He starts driving toward school.

As we got there, Thomas parked the car in the nearest parking space to the school. He grabs his backpack and puts it on his back. Then he grabs my crutches and runs to my side. He hands them to me and helps me out.

We walk into the school and people start staring at us. Thomas gives them death stares. He is so protective of me. I kind of like it.

*Time Skip *

During every class, the teachers made the students make me get well soon cards. The teachers are really nice to me.

At lunch, Thomas sat next to me. We ate alone for a few minutes until our friends came. Basically Bella, Dylan, Kaya, and Ki Hong sat at the table with us. We all just talked and joked around the whole time. When we finished, we all went to our next classes. Going up and down the stairs is too hard for me to do so the teachers gave me a pass so me and Thomas could go on the teacher elevator. It is way better than the stairs.

When me and Thomas got to class, we sat down in the back of the class. We both hated when people would stare at me because of my leg.

I was lost in my thoughts and didn't notice that the teacher was talking to me. I only noticed because Thomas tapped my shoulder to snap me back to reality.
"Huh?" I asked.
"Well I was just asking if you could tell the class how you broke your leg. I think we can learn from it." The teacher said. I nodded and Thomas walked with me up to the front of the classroom.

"Go ahead and begin." The teacher had said.
"Well I was at the beach with Thomas and we were swimming. Someone started yelling that there was a shark. We managed to get close to shore but then the shark grabbed into my leg. It let go and swam away after that. I don't remember exactly what happened after that. Thomas can tell you that part." I said as I nodded toward Thomas.
"When the shark let go of her leg, I carried her to shore. Dylan and Bella called 911. The paramedics came and started putting her in the ambulance. I rode with her in the ambulance until we got to the hospital. I had to wait in the waiting room for a few hours until the doctor said I could see her. When I saw her, she was asleep. Her leg was all stitched up. The doctor said they were going to have to put a cast on her. After two days, she woke up. They put the cast on her leg and we were free to go." He explained.
The class just stared in awe.

After class, the teacher gave me cards that the teachers had bought me. I went to my last class with Thomas and everything was good. This time we didn't have to go in front of the class. We didn't even have to talk.

When the last class ended, Thomas went to our locker. We share one now. He brought both of our stuff and helped me put my back pack on. He put his on then we were dismissed. Thomas drove me to his house and we did homework together. After that, all we did was watch all of The Hunger Games movies. When they were done, we went to sleep. I feel bad that Thomas tries to do everything for me. I don't want him too but he seems willing to do it. If he was in my situation then I guess I would do the same for him though.