Chapter 23: The Cast

We went to our room and started packing. Thomas put some music on and we started dancing and singing. It was really fun. It took us two hours to pack but it was well worth it because me and Thomas were having so much fun.

After packing, I got a call from and unknown number. I answered it and heard a familiar voice.
Unknown Number: "Hello? I am looking for a Allison Violet Agnes."

Me: "Hi, this is Allison speaking."

Unknown Number: "This is Doctor Smith from the hospital. I did the stitches on your leg and put the cast on. Your cast can be taken off today. Do you want to schedule an appointment?"

Me: "Sure. How about 6:00 PM?"

Unknown Number: "Yup, that will work. By the way, the appointment won't take that long. Only one to two hours."

Me: "Ok thanks."

Unknown Number: "No problem. Bye."

Me: "Bye."

I hung up the phone and saw that Thomas was staring at me curiously.
"Who was that?" He asked.
"That was my doctor. I have to get my cast taken off at six." I answered.
"Oh, that's great news!" He said as he hugged me.

After that, we basically just sat on the bed and watched TV until five thirty. We watched The Fault In Our Stars first. It was so sad and I cried at the end. Thomas comforted me though so it was all good. The second movie we watched was Taken 3. Thomas chose it because we both love that movie. The third and final movie we watched was Divergent. There is some action and romance which we both like.

At five thirty Thomas and I started walking outside. We got into my car this time and Thomas drove us to the hospital. I told them I had an appointment scheduled with Doctor Smith. They directed me to a room and sat me down. Doctor Smith came soon after and told Thomas that he had to wait in the waiting room. He left and the doctor started putting me to sleep.

When I woke up, the cast wasn't on my leg.
"Thomas!" I yelled. He ran into the room and sat down next to me.
"Are you ok? Why'd you yell?" He asked.
"Look! I don't have a cast anymore." I exclaimed. I tried to stand up and walk but ended up falling on the ground. I wasn't used to walking with this leg. Thomas wrapped my arm around his shoulders and pulled me up. He had his arm around my waist and was helping me walk. Once I got used to it, I stared walking on my own. Thomas signed the paper work and I got released. We went home and it was about eight o'clock. Tomorrow we will have to wake up early so we can drive to the air port so I decided to go to sleep early. Tomorrow we will fly to see Thomas's family. I can't wait! I am so excited and and anxious.