Come a little closer

England was walking to his boyfriend's house. He and America had recently started dating after France had set them up on a blind date. England sighed remembering that day like it was yesterday.

/ze flashback/

"Forget it frog I don't want to go on you're stupid pity date." England grumbled as he gathered his stuff to leave the last world meeting. "Besides I'm not looking for someone right now."

"England you're never looking for anyone." France sighed. "If you keep acting like an introvert, and never put yourself out there, you'll be alone forever."

"Ugh fine! But only to get you off my back about it." England snapped.

"Great he'll meet you at the Roseville Hotel, by the fireplace, at eight o'clock sharp tonight." France informed him, and started to walk out the door.

"He?" England asked.

France stopped in his tracks. "Yeah, is that a problem?"

"Well no, but-" he was cut off.

"Great, have fun!" France exclaimed, and then left the room with a chuckle.

"Wait!" England called, but it was too late. "Geez the least he could have told me is his name..."

-&-

That night England had walked into the hotel looking around. He was only a few minutes late, so he'd hope the guy wouldn't be upset, whoever it was. He saw the couch by the fire place and walked over. When he saw who was next to him he was shocked.

"America?!" He shouted, making sure he wasn't loud enough to disturb the other guests.

His fellow nation looked just as shocked. "England?"

"I can't believe the frog set me up with you." England sighed resting his head in his hand.

"Ouch, geez am I that much of a disappointment?" American asked, but he still had his usual grin.

"No, but Jesus... What was he thinking?" England asked. "All we ever do is argue."

"No all you ever do is argue." America replied frowning slightly. "I only defend my dignity."

"Just look at our history America... We just don't work together. In any way." England looked down sadly. "Not anymore."

"That's not how I see it." America shook his head, and crossed his arms. "I think you just don't want us to work."

"America..." England trailed off.

"Look if you hate me that badly then I'll just leave." America stood up, and started to walk away.

England stopped him. "America wait, that's not what I'm saying. I don't hate you."

America sat back down. "Then what's your problem with me?"

"Nothin it's just..." England paused and what his voice turned into a whisper. America almost didn't hear what he said. "Y-you left."

"England, I didn't leave. I became independent." America explained.

"It doesn't make it hurt any less." England muttered. He felt tears pricking in the corners of his eyes.

America suddenly wrapped his arms around him, taking the Englishman by surprise.

"I'm sorry." He murmured against his hair. "I never meant to hurt you."

England felt his face heat up slightly, and he hoped no one was watching.

America pulled away. "Now let's have a good rest of this date ok?"

"Ok." England replied with a smile.

/end flashback/

England smiled to himself at the memory. They had only been dating for a little over a week, so nothin was serious yet. They hadn't even had their first proper kiss yet. England felt himself blushing at the thought. Oh geez I'm acting like a school girl in her first relationship. But he couldn't help himself, America just made him feel so... Weird. He sighed when he got to America's front door, and knocked abruptly.

America opened the door his grin widening at the sight of England. "Come on in Iggy!" He chirped and stepped aside.

England chucked and walked in. "You know I hate that stupid nickname."

"I know sorry, but I like it." America smiled. He walked in ahead of him. "Well you just gonna stand in the doorway?"

"Oh right." England said and stepped forward. He yelped as his foot caught on the rug and he was sent flying forward. He tumbled into America sending them both crashing to the ground. "Oops." England said in a fluster and got up quickly, only to hear a sharp crack under his foot. "Oh no America your glasses, I'm so sorry!"

America chuckled at his panicking boyfriend. "England it's fine I can order another pair." He got off the floor.

"Ugh I'm just making a fool of myself." England whined slightly. "I'm probably blushing like crazy, aren't I?"

"I don't know." America suddenly smirked backing England up against the wall. "I can't see come a little closer."

England eased a bit, and he smiled. He could still feel the small blush that dusted across his face. America closed the gap between their lips. England kissed back happily, never wanting it to end, but sadly he needed air, so the eventually pulled away panting.

"I love you." England said without even thinking about it. Oh my gosh did I seriously just use the l word? So soon? It's not that I didn't mean it, but I don't know if America wants to go that quickly.

"I love you too." America smiled softly ceasing England's internal nagging. He wrapped his arms around America's waist.

"And just think." America stated. "All this is thanks to France."

England chuckled. "Ha yeah don't remind me."

Hey guys I think this was a little shorter. Sorry, but I hoped you liked it. And I'm sorry for not updating as frequently, but I've had other things and other books I've needed to work on. I am not finished with this though so don't fret. Also I started a hetalia oneshots book, so if you want you can check that out, along with my many other fanfictions. And as always vote and comment, bye!
                                 -Hannah😋