The One (soulmate AU) {requested}

Ok first off please watch the video! It nearly made me cry, and it's amazing. Also I'm pretty sure this is the first request so yay! Thank you ALittleLonger for requesting this. I hope it is to your liking, Enjoy!

/England's p.o.v./

I sat in class not really paying any attention to the lesson. I rested my elbow on the desk and placed my chin into the palm of my hand, looking out the window with a quiet sigh.

I watched as the branches of the cherry trees swayed with the soft melody of the wind. Dropping the petals made up of vibrant pinks whites and reds, and carrying them off into the warm glow of the sun. It was so simple yet amazingly beautiful.

I took the charm of my necklace into my other hand and looked down at it. I ran my finger along the ridged side of the half star, and frowned.

I wonder if I'll ever find my soulmate. I've heard people in my grade already talk about it. Your charm is half of another that your soulmate is supposed to have. It's also supposed to get warmer the closer you are to said person, but mine is always cold. Just like ice always laid there across my skin like a constant cold reminder that I'm no closer to finding the one. I would take it off so I don't have to worry about it, but you can't take it off unless you've been kissed by your soulmate so that won't work. If they even exist that is...

To make matters worse my charm is black. Colorless with no sense of vibrancy at all. I dropped the charm, and went back to looking out the window. Cold and dark a perfect combination, it seems, for a loner like me.

"England!"

I suddenly snapped back to reality as I realized my teacher had just called my name a few times. I jumped in my seat, looking back to the front.

"Try to stop daydreaming and pay attention." The teacher growled obviously trying to keep her temper.

"Yes, I'm sorry mam!" I squeaked nervously.

The rest of the class broke off in hushed giggles because of my embarrassment.

I just sunk down deeper into my chair trying to disappear.

-&-

The bell rang indicating the end of today's last class. Everyone started to leave and pack away their books.

"Guys!" One of the girls in the neighboring class ran up to her friends who were in my class. "Guess what? I met my soulmate!"

"What?!" The other girls shouted in union.

"Yep my charm started burning and then when we got close to each other it changed color and we knew!" She gushed.

"So it is true, your charm really does change to the opposite color too." One of the others pondered.

"Yup see." She showed off her newly changed charm.

I walked out of the classroom with another sigh. Great at this rate I'll be the only one in my grade who hasn't found their soulmate yet.

"England!" I heard a familiar Italian boy call my name as he ran up to my side with a box full of decorations. For the upcoming culture festival probably. He helped with it every year.

"Good afternoon Italy." I greeted politely.

"You going to the festival?" He asked.

"Probably not." I answered.