【XVIII】: A Kiss full of Lies

Samantha's POV

Out in the hallway,I grab Taehyung by the arm.

But he won't even turn around. "Why didn't you say anything back to him?" I can't keep the sadness out of my voice,and Taehyung finally turns to me.

"Didn't you hear what he said? I lied to all of you. Now if you're mad at me--"

"I'm not mad about the things that he revealed to me or the truth about your identity. I'm mad because he said such terrible things to you."

"He didn't say them to you,did he?"

"No but.. It still made me mad!" I feel my face get red of annoyance as I clenched Taehyung's sleeve even tighter.

"..Are you serious?" He manages a smile and pats me on the head. It comes out of nowhere and all of a sudden I feel my heart pound.

This is so.. out of character for him.

Not knowing how to react,I just gaze at him.

"T-Taehyung.."

"What?" It's like he can see right into my churning emotions. All I can think to say is.. "It's just not like you."

"What's not?"

"Not having a comeback for your brother,and then.. patting my head." I said as I lower down my head to avoid his gaze.

"Patting?" I touch my head,and Taehyung cracks a smile. "That was just because you said something dumb." Despite his snarky comment,Taehyung's face wears a smile that is unexpectedly gentle.

...He's definitely not himself.

"Come on,let's go home."

"Okay,fine with me." I follow a step behind him as he strides away.

But as I look at his back,he seems to have somehow shrunk a little bit.

They were practically at daggers drawn. How can brothers behave like that?

There must have been something that happened between them.

It's bugging me alot but I can't bring myself to ask.

---
A few days after the party,I go out for the first time without Taehyung as my guide. I went to Korean Maiden cafe near our house. It's really a relief to find some Korean establishments here in America.

"Hi,Jacy." I greeted as I enter the cafe.

"Korean blondie! You haven't come around last few days,what happened?" Jacy,a waitress here at the cafe approached me all the way from the kitchen. She's an American born Korean. I really envy her english skills.

"Didn't we agree you'd stop calling me 'Korean Blondie'?" Just because I dyed my hair blonde eversince I got here,the folks at the cafe nicknamed me 'Korean Blondie'.

"Yeah yeah. Anyway,what would you like for today?" Jacy asked as she scribble through a piece of paper.

"Any menu named 'Kim Taehyung'?" A voice popped up behind me.

"That's what she'd want for today."

-----
Baekhyun's POV

"Dada! Dada! Wake up wake up! Wake up!" I feel a weight jumping up and down in my bed as I snuggle at my blankets even more.

"Shh Jihyun,don't wake up your father like that."

"B-but.. I wanna play with dada. Hmpp."

"Now now,don't be a bad baby and follow mommy okay? Now run along."

I slowly flutter my eyes open and I caught sight of Jihyun running his two little feet towards the door.

I slowly sat up as I rub my eyes. "Goodmorning darling."

I felt something soft land on my cheeks. I turn my head to see Qri smiling sweetly at me. "Had a goodnight sleep?" She asked as she scoops in my bed.

I gave a little yawn. "Yeah."

She smiled again and suddenly nuzzled her face on my neck. "Sorry for waking you up."

"It's no big deal. I'd love to see you everytime I wake up." I said in a gentle voice as wrap my arms around her and pulled her closer. "You're being awfully sweet today." She giggled.

"Anything for my wife. I heard Jihyun's voice here earlier. Where is he?" I asked. She slips her hand around my waist as she snuggled to me even more. She's getting pretty clingy huh.

"He's downstairs. I wouldn't want him waking you up like that. You've just got out of the hospital." She answered.

I smiled. She's been watching over me for atleast a month already and I couldn't ask for more.

My fingers brushed her cheek as I trailed it down her jaw. I held her chin and she immediately looked up to meet my gaze. I felt my heart pounding inside my chest.

She bit her lower lip as she intensely kept gazing at me,making me melt.

I couldn't hold back anymore as I immediately kissed her.

"Oh. That's really sweet of you,wifey."

---
Short update.. I guess? *laughs like a retarded seal*