Complicated [27]: Shot with Lies

This is just a short update!
---
Third person's POV

"This is completely hopeless! We would never figure out the case unless the Prime Minister gives us informations!" Chanyeol gave a quick kick on the chair. Suho sighed as he rubs his temples. "But,We need to solve the case. We can't let Taeyeon's death have no justice."

"How can we solve it if we don't have any pieces to start with!?" Luhan,losing his temper,rose up from the chair with his eyebrows furrowed.

"But,it's really impossible. I mean,Taeyeon died with no possible witnesses?"

"It's unbelievable."

Suho's team kept investigating Taeyeon's death. Eventhough it's hard to believe,they still kept trying.

They were solving the death case so hard they forgot about their co-member,Byun Baekhyun.

"Damn it!" The door suddenly opened and Chen came bombing in. "What's his problem?"

The members gave Chen a glance before returning back to their own paperworks. "What happened Chen?"

"Nothing. Anyway,any news?" He asked before taking off his coat. "Rather than a pile of No's and I don't know's from the Prime Minister,there's a word called "nothing."

Chen removed the gun attached from his waist and dropped it on the table. "Careful." Chanyeol spoke up.

Chen rolls his eyes and walks over his own desk. He sat down on his chair and began opening some documents. "Let's be real here guys.

Taeyeon is not dead."

Qri's POV

"What was that?" He asked me curiously.

"I'm sorry." I repeated. "You were right. I should've told you that."

"Why would you hide things like that to me? It doesn't bother me if he was your ex-boyfriend or something." He asked. His voice was still stern,but a hint of warmth and gentleness was growing in it.

Just keep playing. Keep playing. I kept telling myself. I've done this alot of times. My great acting skills came in handy when I get into trouble or the gang would get mad at me because I kept getting caught. If I made Baekhyun feel bad for me then he would always went easier on me.

"I didn't want you to know that. It's already in the past. Chen hurted me alot of times. That's why I broke up with him. But now--" I told him. I started to let a tear grow in my eye. It was one of my gifted skills. "He would touch me everywhere and get angry if I reject him. I never wanted to leave Chen at the first place because I really loved him but,eversince we broke up,He kept threatening me he would get Jihyun from us. He would destroy me. He will kill Jihyun! He will kill our son!"

I kept letting my fake tears roll down my cheeks. Baekhyun is now looking at me with his warm eyes and it told me that the sympathy trick had worked. I had to fight and stop the smile that wanted to appear on my lips. I may have been out of my brother's house for over a year now,but I still had it.

I let another set of tears run down my cheeks and I wiped it away with my hand. Baekhyun came up to me and tightly wrapped his arms around me. He had me crushed up against his chest. My hands were still up on my face and I continued to try and wipe away my tears. He pressed his lips against the top of my head.

The smile safely appeared across my lips,I knew that Baekhyun wouldn't be able to see it. I know how to play this man now. I just needed to get his sympathy.

Soon he would be mine and victory will be in my reach.