20: "I Don't Care for Your Opinions."

It's been two weeks.

Two weeks and Roxy still hasn't spoken to me. Two weeks and I still haven't spoken to Roxy. We're too stubborn and I hate it.

I haven't gone this long not speaking to her. Even in California, we texted every day and called every other. This is painful. Especially since she's constantly with Scarlett, always talking to her, laughing with her.

I felt it before we fought. Felt that Roxy was closer with her than me. But I didn't let it get to me because I was happy to be back and she was my best friend. But you know when you get that feeling you can't ignore it for too long or it hurts more.

I guess we'll never be the same friends as we were even if we make up, not with what's happened. It's like that trust is a piece of paper bullshit they tell you in middle school. But it's not bullshit, is it?

I confronted Damon about it the day after the Christmas Ball and it turned into a yelling match. Then he stormed out and I haven't spoken to him since. I don't even know where he is.

It's ironic that the moment it seems everything is coming together,  it all starts falling apart.

Speaking of, Jack's been great. He's always been at my apartment after he finished school just to talk and hang out... and a little more. But anyway, the reason I say 'he' is because I started skipping school again. After the first four days of school, watching Roxy and Damon being properly together and both of them not speaking to me; I couldn't take it.

But Jack is going away tonight, to Connecticut with his parents to see family. I'm going to be so lonely.

"Controversial opinion:" Jack begins. "I think you need to forgive Damon and Roxy."

I look at him for a minute. "Why should I?" I'm mainly angry at the fact they kept it from me for so long.

"Look at us. You're dating Damon's best friend. He wants to date yours. The difference is he's letting you," he tells me, holding my hand.

"No, the difference is that I'm not lying about it. I'd probably be okay with it if they'd told me. Hell, they should've told me in California then I would have plenty of time to cool off." I play with his fingers while talking.

"I know, and I trust your judgement, Kat. But I can see how miserable being away from them is making you. It's a real confidence boost for me in a new relationship." He smiles, easing the weight of the heavy topic.

"It's not like that, Jack. I'm always happy with you." He looks at me quizzically for a moment. "I think that was the grossest thing I've ever said." He laughs at my antics. "But it's true, and besides the only times I'm sad are when I'm alone. So I guess you're just witnessing my preemptive sadness from you leaving."

He pulls me into a hug, letting me happily nestle into his warm chest. "You know I don't want to go. But it's only a week, I promise I'll be back before you know it, Juliet."

He pulls me in for a deep lingering kiss. That's another thing, two weeks and I still haven't got over how Jack is my boyfriend.

But now he's gone. It's three days into vacation and I don't have anyone to even talk to. Damon is MIA, Roxy is... obviously. Blake and I never really hang out one on one. Scarlett did talk to me in the beginning but I told her to just stay with Roxy because Scarlett knew and didn't tell me.

This logic may be flawed as Jack knew as well but he's Damon's best friend, he is not allowed to say anything to anyone if he's told. I know it's basically the same with Scarlett but I may be a little biased. Whatever, no shame.

"Someone look's miserable," a voice says, entering my apartment.

"How did you get in, Dexter?" I ask in an annoyed tone.