21: "I'm a Fucking Angry Person."

The days keep getting longer and harder with only one person to talk to. Especially with that person being Jesse Dexter. Our personalities still clash so in case you were worried about mine and Jesse's dynamic changing due to us being friends and that, don't. It hasn't changed much.

I call Jack most days as he's is still away but it's annoying, he's not going to be back until after Christmas, at least he'll be here for New Year's.

Wait.

New Year's.

There's a party we've had planned for months that was going to me here at mine and Damon's apartment but no one's mentioned anything about it since the fight... obviously.

I want to make up I do, I really do so I can fix everything and it can go back to being somewhat normal and this can be over.

"What are we watching, Dexter?" I ask, looking up at the TV and pulling myself from my thoughts.

"A work of art, Fox."

I roll my eyes at him and growl. "That doesn't answer my question. What are we watching?"

He turns at glares at me. "The 2003 live-action production of Walt Disney's Peter Pan."

"Oh my god, really? I'm not watching a fucking remake," I say sternly, folding my arms over my chest.

He scoffs, "I only watched 'The DUFF' just now on the condition that I get to pick the movie with no complaints."

"Lies! You never said I couldn't complain, just that I had to watch it!" I counter.

"Whatever, I'm getting Doritos since that's all you ever fucking have in this house." He gets up and heads to the kitchen leaving me laughing to myself.

"Don't hate on Doritos if you want to keep your tongue, Dexter!" I shout after him.

Time to change the movie.

As I scroll through Netflix to find something I actually approve of I hear the doorbell ring throughout the house.

I look down at my appearance - sweatpants and a stained t-shirt - and decide I'm not being seen, Jesse can do that. "Door!" I yell at him in the kitchen.

"Fuck off! I have ears I know there's someone at the door!" Jesse shouts back causing an eye roll from me.

"Then fucking get it, asshole!" I reply angrily.

"I am fucking getting it!" Jesse shouts again before answering the door.

I smile and continue to look through Netflix for a movie before settling on Pulp Fiction. You have to love a Quentin Tarantino classic.

I lie on the couch for an eternity just sipping on my hot chocolate before finally getting bored of waiting for Jesse to emerge.

"Dexter, what the fuck is taking so long? If it's that creepy neighbour trying to bring us another fucking lasagna just take the food and slam the door," I yell through the apartment.

I sigh when I hear no reply and pull my blanket over my shoulders before going to see who's interrupting my seventh consecutive movie night this week.

I turn the corner to see the door and am greeted by the sight of someone I have had no intention of seeing any time soon.

My brother.

We stare at each other for a while, not saying anything. We said all we had to during our argument.

Instead, my eyes scan his appearance, his face has clearly been bruised and the dark circles under his eyes show he hasn't slept well. His knuckles are bruised, bloodied and gross from fights. I feel like shit. Did I cause this? How bad of a person am I for fuck's sake?!