9: "I've Loved You For Years."

Roxy and I are preparing for my pranks in peace because I made Damon stay at a friend's place. I think he's gone to Jack's. Ironic of me. To choose my brother's best friend as the guy I like.

Classic KT, picking the wrong guys. When will I learn?

"So you want me to wash all his shit?!" Roxy exclaims as she holds Jesse's football gear by two fingers at the end of her outstretched arm. I don't blame her, I swear it should be a biohazard. It's gross.

"Yes, with scented fabric softener and the red thing you bought."

"Why are we doing this? It's disgusting," she all but gagged.

"I know, but it's so we can make it pink and girly and shit like that," I say as I focus on the cabbage.

"Remind me why I have to do this?"

"Because you didn't want to chop the cabbage!" I defend as I get out a sharp knife. Don't worry, I'm not going to murder anyone.

Well, at least not right now.

"Fine, I'll be back in a minute." She trudges off to the laundry room, keeping the clothes as far from her as possible. I shake my head and chuckle. I then focus on chopping up all 5 cabbages I bought. Ugh, so much hassle.

"I'm back!" Roxy calls.

"Cool, can you boil a lot of water? Like a big vat of water. Honestly, we need a shit ton-" I ramble on.

"Yeah, okay! I get it, I get it! You can stop now!" She laughs and gets a massive bucket and puts it under the tap. We remain in silence for a while, not that I minded. "Lets put some life into this party, and before you say anything about it. Yes, it is a party." I roll my eyes at Roxy's statement. I didn't think I was that predictable.

Roxy heads over to the speakers and picks a new playlist; her playlist, and puts the volume on full. 'Gives You Hell' starts playing all over the apartment and Roxy and I just have to start singing and dancing. No matter how atrocious it may be.

"I wake up every evening..." I start singing. Roxy laughs and shakes her head before joining me.

"WHEN YOU SEE MY FACE HOPE IT GIVES YOU HELL HOPE IT GIVES YOU HELL! WHEN YOU WALK MY WAY HOPE IT GIVES YOU HELL HOPE IT GIVES YOU HELL!" We shout-sing until the sink almost overflows.

"Roxy! You're going to flood the place!" I shout once I turned off the tap.

"It would've been fine," Roxy throws over her shoulder as she changes the song. I have no idea what it's called, I have no idea who it's by, I have no idea what the words are. But I do know that it's good.

We dance again after I start to boil the water. I grab more Doritos and sit down on the sofa with Roxy. I open the packet of crisps and put it between us. Roulette again. "You first."

"Fine." She takes a nacho and smirks in triumph. Not a hot chilli one then. I take one and it's cheese, thank god.

This round we have bottles of water beside us: first one to take a sip loses. Simple.

"You don't know Jesse's ways, he's ruthless when he's angry."

"No, I'm pretty sure I do." I think back to mine and Jack's conversation outside school a few days ago.

"He pranks but can't be pranked." That's not going to happen.

"He doesn't like to be crossed." Oops.

"If you want to embarrass him, do something to make him feel less manly. If you want to enrage him, do something to him, physically. Like dye his hair or Sharpie his face. Don't beat him up or anything because he could beat you to a pulp... no offence." Good luck, Dexter, is all I can say right now.