13: "Technically Committed Assault."

"Ugh," I grunt as I feel around my bedside table to find my alarm clock. When I find it I finally shut off the incessant beeping. I get out of bed slowly. I don't care whether there is school or not. Waking up at 6:30 should be illegal.

I trudge to the shower and make it quick before changing into my outfit for the day. Boyfriend jeans and a big white tee. There isn't anything wrong with that.

Still in my bathroom, I walk up to the mirror and look at myself. Besides the bruise under my eye, my skin is actually pretty clear right now. Hallelujah. But I do my whole skincare routine anyway. Then I put on some makeup. But not too heavy. Don't clog the pores kids. And always use primer. But all my efforts fail to cover up the bruise so I take off all my make up and wear it as a battle scar. But I make the effort to do my eyes and some concealer because I don't want to look defeated. Also because makeup is fun

At last, breakfast. What to have today... smoothie. Bananas, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberry yoghurt and milk. Blend them all together then that, my friends, is perfection.

I finish my smoothie while scrolling through Instagram when I realise the time. 7:40. And Damon is nowhere to be found. This is strange.

"Damon!" I shout. But nothing. I walk towards Damon's room and bang on the door loudly. "Damon!" Suddenly the door swings open and I'm shocked to see Damon standing there already dressed with a bowl of fruit loops in hand.

"Why so loud? We got time." He waves me off. He goes back to his cereal but gives me a double take and freaks out. "Did Jesse give you that bruise?!" He inspects my face before concluding that Jesse did, in fact, bruise me. "I'll kill him."

I laugh but I don't think Damon was joking. At all. "You don't need to do that. I'll deal with him today."

"You promise?" He asks. I nod to satisfy him. "Okay. We should probably head out. I can't believe you almost made us late, KT!" Is he serious?

He walks past me quickly leaving me dumbstruck at his door. I watch him walk all the way to the kitchen and pick up the keys to my truck as I remain standing with my jaw open. "Katrina! Hurry!"

"I'm coming," I yell weakly with faked enthusiasm. He is such a prick. Regardless, I walk through to the kitchen and grab my black backpack from the counter.

"Ready?" Damon asks impatiently. I roll my eyes at him. He's so obnoxious - why do I live with him again?

"Lead the way, your highness." I point my arm out to the door mockingly but he walks out in all seriousness anyway.

The car ride was long and dull. Damon kept asking me about both Jesse and Jack. The only thing that kept me from jumping out of the car was that I had the AUX cable. When we finally get to school I get to leave the car. Thank god. Damon and I head towards the school and he chucks me the keys. "These are yours," he throws over his shoulder.

"I know, Damon. I'm not thick, unlike you." I roll my eyes at him yet again. He is such a pain. I really wonder why he has friends sometimes.

"3.8, Katrina. I'm not as smart as you, but you're not as smart as Cleo. So... there." I'll give him that. Cleo came out with a 4.7, not that any of us were shocked. She's always been the smart one, and alway the favourite of our father.

"Nevermind, our SATs will prove that I'm miles smarter than you." I look at him to prove my point and also try to not look smug.

"Do not remind me about them. They're coming too soon." He shudders weirdly and gets a few strange looks from people as we begin to approach the doors.

I push him lightly. Is he serious? "We have until November for registration."

"That's next month!" He shouts. Oh my god, he's too much sometimes.