16: "Our Shirts Ended Up on the Floor."

The whole weekend was just a blur of coffee and thinking, mostly about the party.

Jack said he didn't kiss me after I asked him to while drunk, he didn't really go into why he didn't kiss me but I think I know.

He rejected me and rubbing salt in the wound wouldn't've helped anybody. I'd be a humiliated mess, I wouldn't be able to talk to him again. I'm still freaking out because I either came off as a desperate whore or that stalker who has a shrine to him in my bedroom. Neither of which is true.

But he did take me home and take care of me when I was a wreck.

I sat there with my espresso thinking about what happened with Ken, I was so stupid and impulsive I can't actually believe I did that and I can't even remember why. It's not like Jack would know. And I could tell by the voicemail he heard and the way I was crying when he found me at the party that I had a flashback to Joe.

Speaking of Joe, during my time at the coffee house I got so many calls from Jack I was getting annoyed and after hearing my phone ring for about the 10th time I go to turn my phone off but it wasn't Jack calling me.

It was Joe.

I had no idea what to do because neither I nor Jack could remember what I said in the voicemail. I picked up out of curiosity and he started speaking straight away.

"KT, please don't hang up let me say this," he pauses and I don't do anything, giving him a silent go-ahead. "I know you were drunk out of your mind last night and probably don't remember but you called me last night and left a voicemail. And it made me feel like shit because of all the things you said about me ruining your life. But that's all over now, I'll make it better. I know I said I wouldn't come after you but clearly, you're having a hard time moving on. And I have too so I'll see you soon, KT. I'm coming to get you." After his little speech, he hung up the phone abruptly and left me thinking one thing.

Oh shit.

So, after my weekend of deep thought and Jack avoidance, it was time to go to school. And let me tell you - the shower I had this morning was incredible.

I'll let you in on a little secret: I stayed in my pyjamas all weekend. My mind was filled with thoughts and although I felt like I should hate Jack after what he did to me it just made me want to see him more, to win his approval of me if that makes sense.

Stupid, I know. He made me feel like an actual piece of trash.

But, denial ignored, I like him too much to get over him if that makes sense.

After getting out of my car I start to head into school when I'm grabbed and taken behind a wall so no one can see.

Speaking of not being able to see - I can't. Because whoever captured me in this vicious way has their hand clamped over my eyes with the other one on my waist, guiding me where to go.

"Get off me, Jackass!" I shout, not knowing who it is.

"Kat, stop shouting!" They say, taking their hand off my eyes but keeping the other on my waist to restrain me.

I see who it is, not that I wasn't able to tell by his voice. "Well, hello Jackass." I narrow my eyes and cross my arms over my chest looking at my attacker.

My attacker being Jack if you haven't realised that yet. He's the only one who calls me 'Kat' and also he told me about the nickname I gave him last night because it made him laugh but I don't know why he did that. Practically suicide.