18: "I Don't Like You."

After a long, gruelling hour of play, the soccer game was finished. And my team won, naturally, but Blake's ego is a bit bruised. But I'm not focusing on that, more on the fact that all the misogynistic swine of the school are still staring at my chest.

Fucking perverts.

I ignore them and start to walk towards Jack with Jesse by my side. "Shit, I've never done that much running in soccer before."

"Literally, shut up. You've done more running than that in like the first 2 minutes of a football game," I dismiss Jesse easily.

"And you'd know?" He questions with a surprising amount of sass.

"Yeah, I've seen you play," I admit.

"Why? Are you stalking me?" He jumps back a little and I don't even know why. He looks deranged.

"No. Damon's on the team and we carpool, obviously. So yeah, I've seen you play. And no, I'm not stalking you." Jesus, he's not that special.

"Oh." Oh my god, he sounds genuinely embarrassed!

"Yeah, 'oh'." I mimic in his voice. "Dumbass," I add.

"You watch it," he raises his handcuffed hand but I yank it back down again.

"Would we really like a relapse? Because look." I gesture to all the guys watching. "You were about to hit me and everyone is death staring you. If you'd actually hit me you'd be dead right now. You never hit a girl, Jesse," I snarl unattractively at him.

"Oh come on, you're barely a girl," he laughs. I don't.

The fuck did he just say to me? The fucking nerve of this boy. I slap him with my free hand. He bends over and rubs his cheek. It was a good slap. It was one of those slaps that makes the really loud sound and leaves a read mark. Yeah, I'm pretty proud, to say the least.

"Fuck!" He yells. "It's not an insult, you're like one of the guys!" He says in his defence, looking up at me as he straightens his frame.

I lean in but go straight past his face to his ear. "Oh, Jesse. There's a difference between being one of the guys and actually being a guy." I lean back away from him just as Jack, Damon and Blake come over to break it up.

Blake talks to Jesse while Jack and Damon come to me.

"What did he say to you?" Jack asks with concern as he brings his hands to my face. I smile at him and chuckle, leaning into his touch.

"I'm so proud of you! Hurricane Katrina has been unleashed!" Damon goes in for a high five. I happily slap his hand and turn back to Jack.

"What did he do?" He asks again.

"Well, you saw when he was going to hit me but I stopped him, right?" He nods. "Well, I was then like 'don't hit a girl' but then he said 'you're barely a girl' so then I got pissed. Because it's like why did you just say that? What did I do to deserve that comment? You know? So then I slapped him." And add the fact that I still hate him.

"Did he touch you?" Damon asks protectively.

"I didn't even let him get close," I proudly.

"Nobody fucks with my sister!" Damon shouts, his voice full of pride.

I hear Jesse scoff from beside me, "Suck a fucking bag of dicks, slut." Jesse just stole my fucking line! Yep, that earns him another slap.

Jack catches my wrist before Jesse gets hit again, to my annoyance, but however hard he tries he can't stop me from making a smartass comment. It's kinda what I do. "Get your own catchphrase, asshole."