19: "You Have a Crush on Me?"

The feeling of doing something after months of anticipation is, in my opinion, one of the best in the world. So, naturally, when I'm getting ready with Scarlett and Roxy before the Christmas ball, I feel... almost euphoric.

We're all at my place in our robes doing our make up before putting out dresses on.

A smokey eye and dark purple lip never do a girl wrong - take note.

"You done, KT?" Scarlett asks, moving on to her hair.

"Yeah, I think so." I look at my reflection in the mirror again. Enough but not too much is my make up motto, to be honest. "I'm just going to do a messy bun, keep the attention on the dress." I tie my hair back, pulling my bangs down in front of my face. I don't want to look like a mole.

I look at the other girls and they look great. Scarlett has done this elaborate glitter cut crease and Roxy's winged eyeliner looks Ariana Grande-esque. "Dresses?" Scarlett asks, looking at the both of us.

"Let's do it, bitches!" Roxy says grabbing her dress and dropping her robe. Her dress is amazing, it's a black two-piece, a long-sleeved patterned mesh top and a skirt with two leg slits. It's very Roxy.

Scarlett's is in this deep burgundy velvet floor length dress with strappy sleeves and a v neckline.

And then my dress is a little different. I thought it would be black, I really did. But I saw this dress and everything changed. It's a light grey maxi dress with long sleeves and a plunged neck. But the fabric is like when you put purple food dye in water and leave it a while. I don't really know how else to explain it. The thing is, when I first saw it, I didn't really like it because of the flowers at the front of the waist climbing to the top of the shoulders. But the more I looked at it, the more I liked it and realised it fit the theme perfectly. I was sold.

"Oh my god," Scarlett says. "We all just look so pretty!" She gushes, bouncing up and down.

"Calm down, the guys'll be here any minute. Speaking of guys," I turn to Roxy. "You still haven't told us who you're going with to the ball." This confuses me because Roxy is constantly going on about her latest 'thing'.

"Well... actually I don't really have a thing with any guy right now, so I'm going with Damon as he's kinda single right now." She looks at me worriedly and I do the same.

"I'm so sorry for you, Roxy. If you'd told me I would've found anyone else for you." I get up and go over to hug her. I know Damon's not that bad for other people but he still really annoys me.

"It's fine, we're friends. It's totally cool." She looks like she's hiding something as she says this. But I would be kinda mad if she told me she hated my brother or some shit along those lines.

"I'll get the door!" Scarlett shouts after we hear the bell. Roxy and I follow to the doorway holding our shoes in our hands.

The guys walk through the door and my eyes only go to Jack. Unlike most guys, who wear a tie to match their date's dress, Jack's whole suit is the colour of the purple in my dress and fuck me he suits it well. The jacket hugs his biceps and oh. My. God! Come on, Kat, this is weird. Look at his face! Look at his face!

I reluctantly pull my eyes up from Jack's body to his face to find his jaw slightly slacked. "See something you like?" I tease.

"You look absolutely breathtaking, Kat." He scans over my appearance again with bright eyes. Wow, he's a good actor.

"Don't I always?" I laugh. "But you don't look too bad yourself, handsome." He smiles before pulling me in for a quick kiss.

"Stop that!" Damon says sternly. "It's bad enough I walk in on this. You don't need to do it in front of my face."