24: "We Had Sex, Wasn't That Obvious?"

The rest of vacation went pretty quickly. I spent a lot of time with Jack, obviously, and I was slowly getting used to the idea of Roxy and Damon being a couple. I was getting more comfortable with the concept as time went on. I steadily realised that their personalities just click and they're really right for each other. I am genuinely happy for them, they deserve each other.

Yet all good things come to an end and now we're back at school. Sigh. My resting bitch face is going to come back to play.

"Lighten up, Fox," Jesse says, noting my expression. "You're back at school, it was inevitable. It's not like Victoria's Secret are having a 7 for $27 sale and they just ran out of your size."

Where the fuck did that come from?

Everyone stops and turn to Jesse with question marks written all over their faces.

"Care to explain your proficiency in women's underwear, Dexter?" I ask, restraining my laughter as I lean up against the locker next to me.

"Give him a break, Juliet," Jack says with a smile, tightening his hold on my waist. "If his cross-dressing habit needs him to wear panties we shouldn't make him feel uncomfortable about it."

Everyone burst out laughing as Jesse's face turns a fun shade of red.

"I forgot about that, bro! You so wore Sally McAtee's shirt last semester!" Blake laughs along with the rest of us at the memory and slaps Jesse on the back.

Jesse quickly hits the back of his head. "That was ONE time!" He yells, silencing the entire hallway in the process. "KT fucked with my normal clothes," he sends me a glare and I grin in response. "It was in lost and found, it was black with the Porsche logo on it and it was XL! It's not my fault she dresses like a guy, and it's not my fault she's obese!" I laugh harder but Scarlett's dies quickly.

"That was a bit mean, Jesse," she pouts, looking at their entwined hands thoughtfully.

He kisses her temple in apology. "I know, baby. But she's like 200 pounds and only 5'2, her BMI will tell you she is medically obese," he explains in a soft voice.

"Still," she says softly and darts her eyes over to me and then back to Jesse, meaningfully.

"Scarlett!" Roxy hisses from beside Damon, being pulled out of her side conversation with him. Her wide eyes flit from my form to Scarlett's, conveying and obvious message.

I furrow my brows and connect the dots easily. "Are you guys trying to avoid the subject of weight because I gained a few pounds over winter break?" I look around the group and most avoid my gaze awkwardly and I laugh slightly. "You don't need to do that, I'm over it! I worked out with Jesse and I'm in better shape than I was before, I'm quite happy it happened actually."

"That's my girl," Jack says and pecks my lips, leaving me smiling at him.

The bell interrupts us and you hear a unanimous groan from the students roaming the hall. "See you at lunch, Romeo." I lean up and kiss Jack again before walking to History with Jesse.

"This is fun, our first class as actual besties!" Jesse exclaims in a high pitched voice. "Oh my god we're going to sit next to each other and not just because we're handcuffed this time!"

I roll my eyes jokingly and push him lightly. "Only if you promise to stop being an asshole."

He laughs heartily. "We both know that will never happen."

+++

Lessons went by slowly, as always, and the only thing getting me through was the thought of seeing Jack at lunch because we're not in many classes together.