Epilogue: "Love Always, Juliet."

Five months passed since the chaos that was graduation. I've started at Harvard and I love it there but we're currently back at home for October break.

It's taken time to heal from my break up with Jack and it's been really fucking hard. I thank God, that I have the support system I do. Otherwise, I don't quite know how I would have made it through.

There have, of course, been times I've regretted everything and wanted to grab my phone, call Jack and beg him to take me back. But after Jesse restrained me one too many times to keep me from doing this, he removed Jack's number in my phone.

It broke me to have Jack forcibly removed from my life with no way to contact him. He never really uses social media, but he always replies to his texts.

I know Jack and myself well, though. And I know that when the time is right we'll come back to each other, even if it's just as friends and honestly I wouldn't mind that. I just miss talking to him.

Now, I can confidently say that I'm over it. I don't think I'll ever be over Jack, though. He was the first boy I truly loved and helped me in more ways than he could ever understand. I miss him every day but I accept that not being in a relationship is what's best for me.

I'm sure you're a lot more interested in how Jack is doing now.

Well, he seems happy. He's got himself a new girlfriend at Yale and she looks really nice. I hope she's good to him and treats him how he deserves because that boy is truly the best thing that's ever happened to me. She is so much luckier than she knows.

Damon still sees him all the time and at the beginning, it hurt me. But let's be real, that's just because I wanted to see him. I'm glad I haven't caused a rift between them because I don't think I could have forgiven myself if I had. After losing Roxy last Christmas, I would hate for someone else to go through that with their best friend like I had to.

"I shouldn't feel bad about doing this, should I?" I look to Damon as we approach the mailbox on our street.

He slings an arm around my shoulder. "Of course not! You know Jack always has time for you, he'll love it. I promise."

I fiddle with the letter in my hands, sucking in a deep breath. "Are you sure? I don't want him to think I'm weird."

He laughs from beside me. "And when have you ever cared about that?"

I can't help the smile the grows across my face at that. "That's true."

Soon, I'm face to face with the blue metal box but I can't bring myself to mail the letter. "Damon, I can't do it."

He sighs and grabs my shoulders, pulling me to stand opposite him. "Listen, Katrina. You broke up with my best friend, he was heartbroken. You owe him this. Yeah, he's happy with his new girlfriend but you were the first girl he was in love with. He deserves closure and to know how you feel. In fact, you owe it to him. I'm not giving you a choice anymore. I'm forcing you to do this. Do it now. Do it now. Do it now."

I roll my eyes at him and take another breath. I mail the letter quickly before I have the chance to back out. "Aha!" I squeal, jumping up and pumping my fists in the air. "I did it!"

"Yeah, baby! Hurricane Katrina living life on the edge, girl gone wild!" He hollers and picks me up fireman-style over his shoulders, running down the street.

He eventually drops me when he reaches our apartment building. "I'm lightheaded," I tell him when I land on my feet roughly.

He doesn't respond, just pulls me into a bone-crushing hug. I wrap my arms back around him without a word. "I'm so proud of you, sissy."