Chapter Five

Connor laid in his bed the next morning with loathing for school running through his veins. He wondered if people were going to pick on him that day or if they were going to leave him alone for once. He was just thankful that he couldn't hear the insults that they would throw his way every day. Connor finally pulled himself out of bed and shuffled around his room. He threw on some clothes and walked downstairs, keeping his head down. He walked into the kitchen and hesitantly looked up. He saw Louis and Harry smiling at him brightly and he was a little taken aback. He couldn't believe how happy and loving Harry and Louis were.

Good morning. Louis signed brightly and Connor halfheartedly returned the greeting. He sat down at the table and Louis frowned when he saw the bags under Connor's eyes and how pale his face looked and Louis became worried for the boy's health. Are you alright? Louis asked worriedly and Connor shrugged slightly.

Bad dream. Didn't sleep well. Connor vaguely explained and Louis nodded slowly.

Would you like to talk about it? Louis asked and Connor shook his head furiously. He didn't want to tell his new family about his past yet and scare them off like he'd done with so many people before them. Louis nodded and gently squeezed Connor's shoulder. He yearned to hug the boy but he could tell that Connor was uncomfortable with physical displays of affection directed at him. I understand. Are you hungry? Louis asked and Connor shook his head. Harry wouldn't have that though. He sat a plate of fruit down in front of Connor and smiled slightly at him.

Even though you don't feel hungry please try to eat. Harry requested and Connor nodded, starting to pick at the food. The family sat down at the table and ate in silence. They all wondered what Connor had dreamed about to make him even more closed off than he already was. I usually drive Adaley to school every morning or Tayler picks her up. I can take you today if you'd like. Harry signed and Connor shook his head.

You don't have to. I can just as easily take the bus. I don't want to be a burden. Connor signed back and Harry shook his head with a warm smile.

You wouldn't be a burden. I love driving Adaley into school in the morning. I'd be more than happy to drive you. Harry signed and Connor nodded, agreeing that Harry would drive him to school. Eventually they finished up breakfast and Harry, Connor, and Adaley were on their way towards the schools. Harry dropped Adaley off first and then he started for the high school. Connor saw the large building come into view and he shrunk down in his seat. Harry started to get out of the vehicle but Connor's hand stopped him.

You don't have to come in. I can go by myself. Connor signed quickly and Harry shook his head.

I have to update your information and it'd be easier to do it now since I'm already here. Harry said and Connor internally groaned but he nodded, following Harry into the school. He could see that a lot of his fellow classmates were talking among themselves as they watched him and Harry walked into the school together. He knew they were wondering why he was with The Harry Styles. They walked into the office and he saw everyone come to a halt as they took in Harry standing in their office. Harry stood up straighter and smiled at the office workers.

"I'm here to update Connor's information. Who do I have to talk to?" Harry asked and the elderly woman behind the desk raised her hand.

"That'd be me, Sir. What do you need to update about his information?" The woman asked as she brought up Connor's file.

"My fiancé and I just became Connor's foster parents and I'd like to update his emergency contact information." Harry said professionally and the woman looked at them in shock before she nodded.