Chapter Twenty-Seven

The three children quickly departed from the door and walked into Connor's room, sitting on the bed.

"How the hell are we gonna pull this off? We have no idea how to even begin doing anything." Troy asked and Connor grabbed a notebook from his desk, sitting down in his rolling chair.

"We could make a list of idea of where we could do this. Maybe we could recruit Tayler or Ali. They know this area better than us." Connor suggested and Troy halfway nodded.

"But how would we do security or lighting?" Troy asked and Connor smiled.

"Why don't we try texting Alia and see if she knows some people?" Connor asked and Troy nodded.

"Didn't you say that she knows a lot of veterans and military personnel?" Troy asked and Connor nodded, writing down their ideas. They decided to wait to text anyone until they had talked to the rest of the band. Adaley crawled into Troy's lap and curled into him, sighing softly.

"Do you think Daddy and Papa will be mad that we're doing this behind their back?" Adaley asked softly and Connor frowned. The thought hadn't crossed his mind.

"I don't think so." Troy said and they looked at him with questioning glances.

"I know they're not my fathers but I could tell by their voices that they miss being on stage. They love you two endlessly but they love performing. I rented their concert video and I could see the joy on their faces when they were performing. We know that they'll eventually get back into performing but I think this little concert will hold them over until they can officially tour again." Troy explained and the other two nodded in agreement.

"Why don't I text the other guys and ask them to meet us at the diner to talk about this? That way we can get their permission before we take off with anymore ideas." Connor suggested and Troy nodded in agreement. Connor texted Liam, Niall, Zayn, and Josh and they all agreed that they would meet in an hour at the diner. The three of them slipped out of the house unnoticed and took off for the diner in Troy's truck.

An hour later Connor, Troy, and Adaley were nervously waiting at a diner for Liam, Zayn, Niall, and Josh. They told the four men that they had something very important to talk about. Ten minutes after their own arrival, the guys walked in and sat down across from the three children.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked, skipping hellos. He wondered if something happened with Harry and Louis.

"We want to run an idea past you guys. We invited Dan, Jon, and Sandy but they couldn't make it." Connor said in a very professional manner and sat up straighter, making everyone look at each other in wonder.

"What is it?" Niall asked, stealing a fry from Adaley's plate and laughing softly when the little girl glared at him.

"We overheard Dad and Papa talking about how much they missed performing." Connor started and studied the four men sitting across from him. "Do you miss it as well?" he asked and the four of them looked at each other before nodding.

"I mean I've done my own little performances but it's nothing like performing with the band. We feed off of each other's energy and that's what makes our performances so great." Niall said and Liam nodded in agreement.

"I personally would love to bring the band back today but that's really hard to do when each of us is leading a life of our own now. I mean Louis and Harry have you two. Alice and I are getting ready to move in together and I'm working with some upcoming artists." Liam said and Josh nodded.

"Breana and I are moving into a house and planning our wedding." Josh said and the group congratulated him. "Bre and I have been together for a while now and I couldn't imagine someone more perfect for me." He said with hearts in his eyes.