Chapter Fifteen

Connor woke up early the next morning and he sighed happily as he nuzzled into his pillow. He looked at the time and noticed what it was only six in the morning. He decided that he would send Troy a text around eight and he got up, grimacing as he looked around his room. There were clothes all over the place and it was a complete disaster. He snuck down to the kitchen and quickly made himself a breakfast of fruit and orange juice. When he finished he walked back upstairs and started to furiously clean his room. He decided to leave his art supplies where they were so he could work on his artwork until Troy arrived. When he finished cleaning his room he sent a text to Troy, letting him know that he was up. Troy told Connor that he would be over around ten which was an hour away. Connor decided that he had enough time to work on his wall some more before Troy arrived so that's what he did. Connor threw on his old painting shirt and switched into a pair of ratty old jeans. He slid a beanie onto his head and went to work. As he worked a small sweat broke out across his forehead and he didn't notice that he accidently smeared blue paint across his forehead when he wiped the sweat away. He was deeply engrossed in his work and he jumped when a hand was placed on his shoulder. He whirled around and saw Troy standing there with a smile on his face.

"Hey." Troy said softly and Connor's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He was sure that only five minutes had passed and he was shocked when he saw that it was after ten. He had been painting for over an hour. He quickly opened his speaking app and typed quickly on it.

"I'm sorry I didn't let you in. I got lost in painting. Let me clean up the supplies." The phone spoke and Troy nodded, looking Connor up and down. He admired how adorable the smaller boy looked in his paint splattered clothes. He noticed the blue paint across the boy's forehead and chuckled softly.

"You might want to wipe the paint off your forehead as well." Troy mentioned and Connor's eyes grew wide. He grabbed his brushes and rushed to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. He looked in the mirror and his cheeks grew red when he saw the bright blue streak. He quickly grabbed his painting rag and wiped it off. He quickly rinsed out his brushes and laid them out to dry before he walked back into the bedroom with a sheepish smile on his face.

"Th-thank yo-you." Connor stuttered and Troy nodded. The door opened behind Troy and Connor's eyes widened when he saw Bethany strolling into his room.

Hey Con! Bethany signed happily and Connor gave her a confused look.

What are you doing here? He asked and Bethany gestured to Troy who was smiling sheepishly at Connor.

"Somehow she got my number and invited herself along. I tried to tell her no but she insisted and she may be tiny but she's terrifying." Troy said and Bethany gave him a look.

"That's because my aunt is terrifying even though she's tiny and I'm just like her." Bethany said and Connor's eyebrows furrowed.

Who's your aunt? Connor asked and Bethany grinned like a Cheshire cat.

Tayler Mates. She's dating Michael Clifford. That girl is tiny at only 5'2 but she can pack a punch. Remember Jeff, Mom's ex-husband? Bethany asked and Connor nodded, holding up his hand telling her to wait.

I thought Tayler was an only child? Connor asked in confusion and Bethany shook her head.

She's got one older sister named Natasha but my mom is Tayler's best friend, Tiana. It's just easier to call her Aunt Tayler. Anyway. She caught Jeff hitting my mom and she took down his six foot ass. She was on top of him and beating the shit out of him. She ended up breaking his nose and arm and now his football playing ass is terrified of her. Bethany explained and Connor nodded slowly, still not believing that Tayler could even hurt a fly. He shook his head and grabbed his back pack.