Chapter Ten

Everyone sat there in a state of shock as they looked between Harry and Connor. Connor looked scared while Harry had a sparkle in his eye.

Louis and I thought we all could go out to dinner. Our treat. Harry told him and Connor nodded. Everyone started talking again but Connor zoned out. Why hadn't Harry said anything about what Connor had called him? Was he upset? Was he happy? Connor internally battled with questions until a hand on his knee snapped him out of his thoughts. He looked up to see Louis nodding towards the kitchen. Connor nodded and followed Louis into the other room, nervously playing with his fingers.

I'm really sorry about calling Harry that. It was a slip of the fingers. Connor apologized quickly and Louis shook his head, smiling kindly at the boy.

Don't be sorry. That oaf hasn't stopped smiling since you called him that. It made both of our days. You don't have to be scared to call us that, Connor. We are more than happy with whatever you all us. You're our son. Louis said and Connor felt his heart swell with the love he felt radiating from Louis. He nodded and carefully embraced Louis into a hug. Louis smiled as he hugged the tall boy back.

Thank you. Connor signed when they pulled away and Louis gave him a funny look.

For what? Louis asked and Connor smiled softly down at Louis.

For taking me and loving me as your own even though you didn't have to. Connor explained and Louis smiled softly, hugging Connor again. They walked back into the living room and Louis sat down next to Harry, nuzzling into his fiancé's side. Connor sat down on the floor and Adaley crawled into his lap, curling into his chest. Connor wrapped his arms around her and gently rubbed her back with one of his large hands. The family talked for a little while longer until Harry's phone started to ring loudly. He sheepishly smiled at everyone as he picked it up. He walked out of the room as he talked softly to the person on the other line. Louis looked at his mother and smiled softly.

"How are things at home, Mum? Are the girls helping you with Ernie and Doris?" Louis asked and Jay laughed softly as she shrugged.

"They've been more focused on finding the perfect dress for your wedding. How is the wedding planning going, by the way?" Jay asked and Louis smiled sheepishly at his mother.

"Actually we haven't been doing much planning recently. We've been trying to help Connor get situated and get him on the right track. I've also been crazy busy with my company and Harry's been busy with helping Ali get ready for the babies. Harry told me yesterday that she's having twins." Louis said and Jay cooed softly. She remembered the sweet girl from Harry's birthday party and how great she was with Adaley. Harry walked back into the room and gave everyone a smile.

"That was Michael. Apparently he, Tayler, Emery, Liam, Alice, and her cousin's son want to join us for dinner. Is that alright with everyone?" Harry asked and Louis looked over at their parents who all nodded. Honestly they had missed Michael and Liam a lot and they couldn't wait to meet the girl that stole Liam's heart and the two girls who had become Michael's world. Everyone started to get ready and eventually they were on their way. They decided to go to a small diner the next town over. They met at the restaurant and Anne and Jay were quick to embrace Liam and Michael in a hug.

"It's good to see you two. Now, introduce us to your girlfriends." Anne said and Liam smiled as he wrapped his arm around Alice's waist and kissed her temple.

"This is Alice Drake. She's Adaley's teacher." Liam said and Alice shook both of the mothers' hands. Alice looked over her shoulder at the boy who was standing behind them with a smirk on his lips. Connor secretly despised the boy in front of him because of the air of cockiness around him.