Chapter Fourteen

The next week passed very quickly for the family. Louis was busy working at his label while his fiancé spent all his free time over at Ali and Zayn's house. Adaley was deeply focused on her choir concert and violin performance that were coming up and about a paper that she had due the week after. Connor had spent most of his week helping Troy get used to the school and focusing what little free time he had on the artwork he was painting on his walls. He was thankful that Zayn had taken him out before Ali had the babies to get some quality art supplies. Troy had instantly become popular with the ladies and his popularity skyrocketed when he was asked to join the football team. It was Friday, the day Troy said he was going to take Connor out, and Connor had yet to hear anything about said plans even though they hadn't stopped texting all week. They had texted each other from when they woke up to when they fell asleep, even during classes which was very unlike Connor. Connor was standing at his locker at the end of the day as he looked for the books that he'd have to take home for the weekend. He jumped when he felt a hand land on his shoulder and he looked up, breathing a sigh of relief when he saw that it was just Troy.

"Hey. How's your day going?" Troy asked and Connor shrugged, motioning to the long list of homework on the dry erase board inside his locker. Troy nodded and smiled down at Connor. "If your parents are cool with it I can come over tomorrow and we can work on it together since we're in a lot of the same classes." He mentioned and Connor nodded. He pulled out his phone and quickly typed on his text to speech app.

"They should be fine with that. I have a question though." The voice read and Troy nodded, ushering for him to go ahead and ask. "Are we still going out tonight?" the voice asked and Troy nodded with a small grimace.

"Yeah. I have a football game tonight but we can go out afterwards. Alice wants me back at her house by ten. We could go out for ice cream tonight and then actually go out tomorrow night after we get the work done. How does that sound?" Troy asked and Connor nodded, refusing to let his sadness show. He had been looking forward to going out with Troy all week and now it had to be postponed because of the game. Connor looked down and Troy frowned. He knew that Connor was more than likely upset with him and he couldn't figure out why that thought hit him so hard. Troy hooked his finger under Connor's chin, lifted the boy's head gently, and smiled softly. "You're coming tonight, right?" he asked and Connor shrugged, typing on his phone.

"I'd have to ask Louis and Harry if it was alright." The voice spoke and Connor grabbed the sweatshirt from his locker. "Here's your sweatshirt back. Thanks again for letting me borrow it at the hospital." Connor put his free hand forward and tried to give it back but Troy pushed it back to him.

"Keep it and wear it tonight. It'll be kinda chilly tonight at the game." Troy said and glanced at his watch. "I'm sorry to leave in such a rush but I have to head to the locker room or the coach will have my head for being late again. I hope to see you at the game tonight though. I need my lucky charm there." He said with a grin and disappeared down the hall, leaving a blushing Connor behind. His phone buzzed in his hand and he looked down to see that Louis was telling him that he was here. Connor shoved his books in his bag and made sure that he had the sweatshirt with him before he slammed the metal locker shut. He rushed out and climbed into the passenger's seat with a huge smile on his face. Louis raised an eyebrow but didn't question it. They drove to Adaley's school and picked her and Emery up. When they got home Adaley and Emery ran up to her room while Connor followed Louis into the kitchen. Harry looked up from the stove and smiled when his saw his handsome fiancé and smiling son.

"How are my two favourite men?" Harry asked and gave Louis a light peck. Connor smiled and sat his bag down on the table.

I have a couple questions for you guys. Connor signed and Harry nodded, giving Connor the go ahead to ask. Troy's first game is tonight and I was wondering if I could go. He asked and Harry looked at Louis before nodded.