Chapter 1: Dreams

*Kaname's PoV*
As usual, I was in my office doing paperwork and such. The never ending paperwork. But it must be done. I turned my chair around looking out the window, and the moon was covered by scattered clouds in the night sky. I cannot explain this very well, but lately I've been having visions of this girl with long pink hair telling me that I'm the only one that can save her. It's very peculiar to me because every time I saw her, my heart would start pacing very quickly. It is a very warm and gentle feeling, one that I never felt when I'm around Yuuki.  I have never seen her face in those dreams because she never turns around. She simply looks forward, and doesn't ever look back at me when she talks to me.

I sighed. 

"Well, looks like this is enough for the night." I said to myself as I put all the finished paperwork into a pile and got up from my chair. I took a shower and then laid down on the long, red couch.

"You have me dying of curiosity, Miss Pink Haired Girl. Who could you possibly be? Why are you calling out to me?"  

With that said, I then ended up falling asleep.

I once again opened my eyes, but I wasn't in my dorm. I was in a grassy field, and snow was gently falling down on the ground. To my surprise, it was not cold...

 In a short distance away, I see the pink haired girl with her hair flowing with the wind. However I saw a red thread tied to her finger. Why does she have that tied to her?

"Thinking why I have this tied to my hand? It's simple

"Thinking why I have this tied to my hand? It's simple. It's the red thread of destiny. It's tied to death, which is my destiny. However... I sense something different in you. I have this feeling deep in my heart that you aren't like the others. You're special, different, and I want to meet you... I want to look back and see your face. But I know that I cannot look at you yet. Because I have a feeling that we will meet in the real world.." She said in her usual calm manner.

"Miss...Can you at least tell me your name?" I said in a tone of curiosity. I didn't know what else to ask her.

"My name is..."

However she was interrupted by a beam of light that had flashed in front of me.

I opened my eyes, and I find myself in my room. The sun was already shining brightly in the sky.  I covered my eyes from the rays of the sun that had shone from the window.

"Another dream... So, she's destined to die. Could it be she wants me to turn her into a vampire? No. That cannot be it. There has to be another reason why she wants me to save her. I'm not like them? What is she saying?" I haven't met another vampire girl who has pink hair, she could be a human. But then again, why would a human want to involve herself with me, a Pureblood?