Chapter 9: Seeking Forgiveness

*Daisuke's PoV*

Why did he come back?! I sat there, just staring at the man who I once considered once to be like a brother to me; my once future brother in law.

"I regret my mistake completely. I didn't know that things were going to turn out this way... All I want is a fresh start with her." He said. I don't believe this bastard at all! 

He crushed Lily's heart after he did that! She didn't sleep or even eat! She didn't even take her missions seriously, she spent night after night crying her eyes out because of him!

"Tch...as if. She will never forgive you. Who would? You slept with another woman a week before your wedding, damnit!" I said.

Anger seethed through me and I just had to leave the classroom to calm myself down. I got up from my seat and made my way to the door.

"Adachi! Where do you think you're going?" The teacher spoke out, calling out to me.

"Outside. I need some time to get my thoughts together." I said as I opened the door.

"Thoughts? What thoughts?" The teacher asked. However, I ignored him and continued making my way out of the classroom.

Get Lily back? Please. In his dreams. After what he did, there's no way that she will ever forgive him. I decided to storm my way to the Headmaster's office and tell him the reason why he did this.

Without knocking the door, I opened the door nice and wide.

"Daisuke! What brings you here on this beautiful day?" He said with his usual happy smile.

"Why?" I said with my head down.

"Eh?" He said, lost for words.

"Why did you accept Itsuki Inoue into this school?" I asked him in a bit of an angry tone.

When I said that, he stayed silent.

"You do know that because of him, Lily lived in depression and sadness for months. She barely slept, and I would always hear her cry in her room and I didn't know what to do! Why did you let him enroll in this school?!" I said in a loud, angry tone.

"I had no choice... Someone with a high position in the Hunter's Association requested this, and no it was not the Association President. It was someone from your family."

Who? Who is the bastard that did that? I'm pretty sure it wasn't Mother or Father, but who...

"I cannot give anymore details, Daisuke. Plus, the past is the past and Lily is happy now, isn't she? I'm sure she'll know what to do when she ends up coming face to face with him." He said in a serious tone.

Possibly... Lily has Kaname now, and they've just started dating. They also won't see each other a lot, the only times would be would be during the lunch period and the school grounds. Unless... No..

"Headmaster... Do you plan on letting Itsuki join the Disciplinary Committee....?" I asked, hoping that the answer is no.

He looked away. "He is a student of this school as well and knows as well that the Night Class is a group of vampires. I cannot treat him differently only because he is Lily's ex-fiancé. So, yes. He will be joining you all as a member. If Lily truly got over him, then that shouldn't even bother her at all." He stated.

Maybe he's right. If anything, Lily will probably act cold towards him. She's become stronger.

"All right. I apologize for my actions. I just don't want Lily to get hurt again..." I said.