Chapter 6: The Inconditional Love We Once Shared

*Kaname's PoV*

A starry sky surrounded me as I walked around the quiet peaceful forest.

In the distance, the same girl was standing in the distance, her pink hair blowing

"It seems that the last time you and I met I didn't tell you my name as we were interrupted..." She said, her head still turned around.

Slowly, she turned around, and she gave me a warm smile.

"Lily? Is that you...?" I said in a surprised tone, my eyes widened.

"I guess you can say that... I am the memories that she has lost. I am her past life, Kira Adachi. So, have you remembered? The promise we made to remember each other 9,000 years ago?" She said in a very soft and gentle voice.

"I have, I can't believe all this time you were in front of me, yet the person you are now does not remember me... I feel like I've broke that promise between us. It's hurting me so much you don't even know..." I said regretfully.

"It's not your fault, Kaname. The higher-ups in Takamagahara are the ones that have to do with this. They erased your memories when you fell to rest, therefore you weren't able to help the current me regain my memories. But the time will eventually come when her current memories and her memories from 9,000 years ago will become one. You just need to give her time. She's been having visions as well. She knows it's you. She just doesn't know the reasons to why are you appearing in her dreams."

"So... I want to ask you once more. Why do you have that red string tied to your finger?"

"I told you. This red string of fate is connected to my current fate, which is death. Only you, my eternal soulmate can save me. As you know, before I was executed, they put a curse on my family; the eldest daughter of the Adachi family will die on her 18th birthday. Four months from now, I will turn 18. During that time, they must confess their everlasting love for the other person..."

"You have always been the one I love. Always! I thought you were gone forever, I thought I would never see you again..."

However, she then looked away sadly.