Chapter 31: The Race for the Scroll

*Lily's PoV, the night of May 1st*

Tonight's the night of my ridiculous goodbye party and I'm supposed to wear a white dress, while all of the other guests wear black. Today was pretty depressing. My grandfather called me mostly for what time I should arrive, and other things. Right now, I'm fixing my hair for the party, and I'm dressed in a long white dress. I decided to do my hair in a a bun, with my bangs sticking out. I then added a white sakura pin on my hair, and made sure that not one hair was sticking out. I also went light with the makeup, not going too overboard with it.

After I finished getting ready, I took a good look at myself at the mirror. No matter how much I try to smile, I just can't when my own grandfather thinks I'm going to die...

"You look very pretty, Lily." Seira said, who was wearing a long black dress, still fixing her hair.

"Thanks." I said, turning around, forcing a smile.

*knock knock*

I got up from from my vanity and made my way to open the door. When I opened the door, Seiren was standing there.

"Kaname-sama is waiting for you in the terrace, Lily-sama." She said in her usual emotionless tone.

"Oh, no need for formali-"

However, I then noticed that she had disappeared.

I sighed. She's such a mysterious one... I wonder what her story is.

"Okay... Well, I'll see you there, Seira." I said as I grabbed my purse.

"Kay. See you there." She said as she continued to brush her hair.

I made my way out of the dorms to the terrace. Tonight was a crescent moon. The evening was beautiful and peaceful. The crickets were chirping, and the trees were rustling as it was a breezy evening. The clacking of my high heels were also heard as I walked the terrace, looking for Kaname.

"You look like a princess that jumped out from the pages of a fairy tale, Lily." Kaname said, stepping out of the shadows as he was standing against a tree. He was dressed formally, wearing a suit with a black tie.

"Thanks..." I said with a small blush on my face.

He smiled warmly.

"I'm guessing my family's limo is already there waiting for us. Shall we go?" I said.

"Yes, let's go." He said holding out his arm.

I hooked my arm to his and the both of us made our way out of the academy.

*Seira's PoV*

I had finished brushing my hair and was all ready to go.

I sighed.

This ball or whatever is ridiculous. A goodbye ball, how ridiculous. Why is Grandfather taking this kind of thing so seriously? Does he have no hope for Lily?

*knock knock*

"My Princess! Your prince had arrived~" I heard Hanabusa's voice from the other side of the door.

I smiled. "Hehe, coming."

I opened the door, and there he was; dressed in black.

"You're looking dapper, Hana." I said.

He blushed. "H-Hey! I'm the one who should be complimenting you first of all!"

"Well, looks like I beat you to it." I said with a cheerful smile.

I looked at the time. "Well, look at the time... We need to get going. It starts soon and Lily already left with Kaname on one of the limos."

"Okay, let's go!" He said in his usually cheerful tone.