Chapter 34: Moving Forward

*Lily's PoV*

"Welcome to the world of darkness, Lily..."  Kaname's voice echoed in my surroundings.

I slowly opened my eyes, only to find myself in a familiar room. I heard the familiar noise of the beach waves crashing against the land.

I slowly sat up in bed, looking around. I noticed that this is the room in the beach house in the Islands where Kaname and I stayed during the class trip.

I put a hand on my throat, and I feel thirsty. I really need blood. I looked around the room, and realized there was no one in here.

I stood up from bed, and realized I was dressed in a nightgown. I then made it to the window, and I saw that it was still evening. The Blood Moon continued to shine proudly in the night sky. I looked over to the clock and it read 4:00 am.

"So I really did made it... What a relief. He really did save me..."

When I looked out the window again, I saw Kaname looking out to the beach, with both his hands behind his back. I put on a sweater and quickly made my way outside to the beach.

I walked barefoot out of the house into the soft, sandy beach, slowly making my way to where Kaname stood. I put my arms around him and embraced him from behind.

"Hey there..." I said in a soft tone.

His hands touched mine. "Hello there, Lily. How are you feeling?"

"Much better. I feel like a new person... I no longer feel anymore pain. "

"I'm very glad to hear that. But I haven't given you blood yet. I'm taking it that you are very thirsty right now, are you?" Kaname stated, turning around and putting both his hands on my shoulders.

"A little bit..."

My eyes glowed red which felt strange. I saw all of his veins.

"Then take as much as blood as you need." He softly said.

I then felt my fangs grow a bit longer and I slowly brought Kaname down into the soft sand. I unbuttoned his shirt only to show his neck. I continuously began licking his neck and then I bit into it. This is the first time when I can say that blood actually tastes delicious. It's become addicting to me... I felt some of Kaname's blood was running down from my mouth.

After about a minute, I retracted my fangs and just sat up, looking  to do the distance wiping the blood away.

Kaname sat up as well.

"How are the children? Are they alright?" He stated in a concerned tone.

"Yes. They are. Before everything began, I made sure to put a protection barrier around the womb. They are doing just fine." I reassured him with a smile.

"That is a relief..."

"And where is everyone?" I asked.

"They went to a hotel to get some rest. It was a very long night for us all. While you were unconscious, I brought you here. Tomorrow, the process of rebuilding the town begins." Kaname stated.

"I see..."

"Happy birthday, Lily." He smiled, caressing my cheek.

"Thank you..."

He then brought his lips onto mine, kissing me softly.

"Mmm..."

His kisses have always been something that calm me down or just give me happiness.

His lips parted from mine and kept our foreheads against each other, while his eyes looked deep into mine.

"You're so beautiful, Lily." He whispered softly into my ear.