Chapter 30: Two Months Later

*Lily's PoV*
We took my bags and immediately checked out of the inn. Kaname transported us with his bats, and it felt really weird but we got back to Cross Academy in less than two minutes.

The sun was shining beautifully in the sky, however Kaname and I were in a rush to get to the Headmaster's office to explain things.

As soon as we were going to make our way to the academy, I heard two sets of footsteps approach us.

"Kaname, Lily!" I then heard Hiroki's voice call out to us.

The both of us turned around and they seemed to look somewhat worried.

"What's going on, guys? You guys seem worried about something." I asked curiously.

"Itsuki left to the Ishigaki Islands to see if he can find a scroll to save Lily... But he hasn't come back ever since!"

"I'm surprised you're even worried about him." I told Daisuke in a surprised tone.

"Because he told us that he wants you to live. He wants you to live...and be happy." Hiroki said.

My eyes widened. "Kaname... that person that died... could have that been..."

His face then turned into an expression of pain.

I put my hands over my mouth. He died...because of me?

"What are you two talking about?" Daisuke said, lost.

"We'll talk about it back at the Headmaster's office. For now, Lily you should get back to your dorm and settle in. We can all meet there and I will explain the situation."

"Okay."

"I'll see you there." He said, kissing me on the forehead.

He turned around and made his way back to the Moon Dorms.

I blushed, looking at him as he walked back.

The three of us then turned around and made our way back to the Sun Dorms.

"You really are in love with that man, aren't you."

"Well, yes of course." I said in an obvious tone.

But my mind was in a completely different place. Why did Itsuki risk his life for me? Why did he do that? He didn't have to go as far as that to protect me..

It's because I love you, Lily. I risked my life to protect you. I promise you, everything is going to be alright. Just keep fighting....

Once again, I felt a gust of wind pass me.

"Itsuki?" I said, looking around.

"Lily? What are you looking around at?" Daisuke asked me.

"Oh... It's nothing. I'm just enjoying the nice weather we have today. It's not that cold today." I said, coming back to my senses.

"Yeah, you're right. It is a really nice day." Daisuke answered.

"And by the way how are you feeling, Lily?" Hiroki said.

"I'm feeling better, do not worry."

"That's good. And one question, since your pregnant with... you know vampire children, do you drink blood out of Kaname?"

"I have to. He told me I have to drink blood from him at least once a day. It's basically food for the children. But for blood, it tastes surprisingly sweet."

"Well, a Pureblood's blood is the ultimate medicine. It's not only feeding your children, but you don't realize that that is also suppressing your pain. You haven't been feeling the pain after you too his blood, right?"