Chapter 32: Yami's Plan

*Zero's PoV, Cross Academy*

I sat in my room, just looking out to the moon. It's surprisingly a very quiet evening and I don't see Lily and Kuran or Aido and Seira walking together in the terrace like they usually do every evening.

"Ne, Zero... Aren't you going to go?" Ichiru said, who was standing against the walls within the shadows of my room.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't be dumb. I am talking about going to the Ishigaki Islands." Ichiru stated.

"That..? Why would I-"

"Isn't it obvious because of the silence? Everyone has gone. I saw the aristocrats from the Night Class run out of here. And I heard the blond one say something about, "Kaname needs us at the Ishigaki Islands." They went to go retrieve the scroll."

My eyes widened. That's right. There are only a few more days left until Lily's 18th birthday...

I quickly took Bloody Rose, got up from bed and made my way to the door to leave. However, I stopped and slightly turned around.

"Well, aren't you coming, Ichiru?" I asked him.

"What? I'm not going. I am going to watch over Maria." He said.

"No, you don't have to, Ichiru-chan." A cheery voice echoed throughout the room.

Then I saw a bird that was perched on the windowsill. That must be her familiar..

"Maria..."

"Go help Lily and Kaname-sama... They are going to need all the help they can get."

"But I have done so much wrong..."

"You have, but by doing this you'll be able to make it up to them. So please go...For everyone's sake....and for mine as well."

"All right, I will go. To fix what I have done wrong."

"That is the spirit." Maria said happily.

The both of us then stepped out from from the Day Class dorms and quickly made our way to the Ishigaki Islands.

*Lily's PoV*

We were almost to Michiko's residence when a bunch of Ayakashi appeared in front of us.

"Damn it..." Daisuke said in a bothered tone, taking out his weapon.

"Here they come..." Hiroki said, taking out his weapon as well.

All of us took out our weapons and prepared to fight. I took out Golden Artemis and got in my fighting position.

They came flying onto us and I quickly slashed them into pieces.

Everyone began cutting down the Ayakashi one by one, however, I cringed in pain and just continued fighting. By the doctor's orders, I shouldn't be even touching a weapon, but I need to protect these children...

I should put a protection barrier around these children.. In case I get into a risky situation.

I put my hand on my belly and formed a secret protection barrier on my children.

I ran past the Ayakashi, cutting them down one by one, running away from them.

"You guys! Keep going! Hiroki and I will take care of these Ayakashi." Daisuke said confidently.

"Are you sure? This is a lot of them. I don't want you guys to-"

"We got it. Just go on and get the scroll, Lily. We'll catch up with you after we defeat these things." Hiroki said, reassuring me with his usual cheerful tone.