Chapter 35: Together Forever

*Seira's PoV*

Hanabusa and I stood on the other side of the boat, looking to the distance.

"Everything's finally over, huh... I wonder what's to do."

"Doing what you always have. Hunting vampires that do wrong." Hanabusa stated in his usual normal tone.

"But... Doesn't it bother you? I'm killing your kind. Taking countless lives away."

"I agree with Kaname-sama's viewpoints. In order for vampires to coexist with humans, the ones that do bad and harm humans must be killed.  I think Kaname-sama will help make that change with Lily by his side."

"I think so too. But Lily might be leaving to France along with Kaname. That is what Grandpa Hideki told me." I said.

"If they leave, then we must do our part as well back here. Trying to promote the coexistence here. I want the future generation to exist in a world where both vampires and humans can coexist." Hanabusa stated confidently.

I smiled. "Yeah... if Lily chooses to go, then I can help her from here. I want that world to exist. People shouldn't fear vampires. They are living beings just like everyone else."

The sea breeze blew, moving my pink hair to the side.

"Where is Kaname and Lily anyways?" I asked.

" Oh...The last time I saw them, they were on the other side of the boat." Hana stated.

"I see... I was gonna go up to 'em. Might as well give them some privacy..."

"So this is where you guys have been." Zero's voice called out from behind.

We turned around, and there were the Kiryu twins.

"Hey Zero, Ichiru."

"Hi." Ichiru answered.

"So... what are you guys going to do from here on out?" I asked.

"Who knows.. I'm just going to continue with my vampire hunting duties as usual and keep going to Cross Academy. The Hunter Association's president asked me to be the one who travels to France to help out with the coexistence movement that the Adachi family and several other vampire hunter families in France are trying to fulfill."

"And you, Ichiru?"

"Same as Zero. I'll remain at Cross Academy along with Maria, who will be in the Night Class from here on out. I'll go with Zero along to France and help out as well. And you two?"

"The both of us have resolved to do the best we can back here in Japan to help promote the coexistence movement. Many people here still fear the vampire race, I think it would be helpful if the both of us did helped as well." Hana said confidently.

"I see..." Zero said, looking forward to the mainlands. "Honestly, I don't know what is going to happen from here on out... All this time, I've been living a life haunted by my past. Now... everything has been cleared. Everything's changed..."

"Well, I can understand you, Zero. The both of us lived a life hating each other mainly because of Lady Shizuka... But now that she is gone... It's like an conflict between both of us has cleared."

"That woman was the conflict between us. You took her side, I didn't. She wanted to kill Lily and Kaname both. She used Yuuki, and throughout all of that Yuuki died. People had to die in order for things to come out like this. The only thing we can do is avenge Itsuki's sacrifice and move forward in our lives to create a peaceful world. I think all of us have had enough of this conflict. Even I have. I despised vampires. I hated the fact they turned me into a monster like them. But thanks to Lily, I've come to understand that they are also people with feelings. I continue to be the same, even as a vampire, Lily as well."