Chapter 16: Hidden Feelings

*Kaname's PoV*

I heard that Kiryu was going out of control in the woods, so I had to leave the temple and take care of things. I happened to come across someone by the name of Mina, and I sensed that she is the reincarnation of one of the six ancestors so I asked her if she can watch over Lily until she wakes up.

About 15 minutes after I left the temple, the others arrived and shortly after, Lily and Mina arrived as well. Then Lily said something that worried me a bit.

"This will be the last time..." Lily said in a soft voice.

Everyone looked at Lily, confused.

"This will be the last time I will give Zero my blood... I will take away his painful thirst and make sure he never becomes a Level E... My blood has special powers similar to a Pureblood's that can take the thirst away..." Lily said.

Why would she offer her blood to him? And why does it have to be her  blood? Can't someone else's blood satisfy his thirst? Why does it have to be Lily's?

Lily looked at me and she noticed that I was worried, but she smiled.

"Everything's going to be fine. No one needs to worry... For now, let's just end Zero's desperate thirst." She said.

"Hey, Zero. Wake up. Snap out of it." She said as she gently slapped his cheek.

When Kiryu's eyes opened, they glowed red.

"Lily... I need your blood. Please..." He said, begging.

If it weren't for Yuuki, then honestly I would kill Kiryu right here and now for asking my lover for her blood.

"Kaname, be careful! You just created a big hole on the tree!" Ichijo said.

Lily turned around and came up to me, taking both of my hands.

"You don't have to be jealous. It's just giving him some blood to help him so that he won't become a Level E.." She said in a gentle tone.

Then in that case, if Lily's blood has powers similar to a Pureblood's then maybe I should give him some of mine. It's not going to take away his lust for blood, but it will keep him from wanting blood for a long time.

I held Lily's hands even tighter. "I'll give him my blood. I don't want his fangs to touch you ever again." I said.

"But..." She said.

"It's fine." I said, reassuring her with a smile.

"Too bad, Kiryu. You will not take Lily's blood. You are going to have to make due with my blood. Everyone, you may all leave. Lily, can you wait for me back at the beach house? This won't take long." I said to her with a gentle smile.

"Sure..." She said.

I went up to her and gave her the keys to the house. Still holding her hand, I brought her into a passionate kiss. Zero looked at us in disgust, but with a hint of sadness as well.

"Be careful on your way back, ok my love?" I said as I caressed her cheek.

I nodded my head. "I'll see you there, then. And feel better, Zero." She said with a smile.