Chapter 18: The Secret to the Curse

*Kaname's PoV*
"We are leaving. Thank you for inviting us tonight." I said to Michiko.

Lily remained quiet, holding back her tears. We need to leave here as soon as possible before she breaks down again into tears.

"Already? That's too bad... Well, here are some little gifts for the both of you." She said.

She handed us two chocolate rose pops in a plastic tied in a yellow bow.

"Thank you..." Lily said in a quiet tone.

"Thank you. We will be leaving now." I said.

"Umm, wait. Before you two go, are you alright Lily?" Michiko said worriedly.

I then saw that she forced a smile on herself. "Yes I'm ok. Just a bit tired, is all."

"All right then. Rest well, the both of you." She said, waving her hand goodbye.

The both of us made it out of the mansion, and a carriage there awaited us to take us back to the beach house.

We quickly got in the carriage, and the tears once again began to flow out of her eyes.

"Dad...meant so much to all of us. He trained all of us to become vampire hunters, and he showered every one of us with his love... But now... he's gone... Who could have done this to him?" She said in tears.

"Lily... I'm here for you. It's ok... We will find out who is responsible for this." I said, trying to comfort her.

"No, Kaname! It's not ok! Mom really loved Dad! He was her entire world! But now that he is gone... I feel like she is going to fall into a deep depression, and won't snap out of it! It's like she is going to be gone from this world as well! And I..." She couldn't get the words that she wanted to speak.

It hurts me very much to see her suffering like this...

She laid her head on my shoulder.

"I want to stay like this for a while..." She said.

"We can stay like this as much as you need to." I said, bringing her into my arms.

The both of us just sat there in silence, hearing Lily's quiet cries...

*Third person PoV*
Hiromi sat outside in the waiting room, waiting to hear news about her husband.

A few minutes later, the doctor emerged from the room with a sad face.

"We did everything we can to save him, but I'm sorry, Mrs. Adachi, he lost too much blood. Your husband has passed away..."

"No..." She quietly said as she bent to the ground. "No....no... This has to be a lie. He's not dead. Yes. He's not dead."

"Mrs. Adachi, please calm down. I'm sorry but that is the truth. You need to accept this." He said, trying to calm her down.

"No..no. I won't. Kazuki..." She said as she stood up, slowly making her way to the room.

"You can go, but..."

However Hiromi didn't listen to him, she entered the room and saw Kazuki's lifeless body on the bed.

"You idiot... Why did you have to leave? Why did you leave this world? If I helped you, things would have been fine... Why did you force me to run away like that? If only I was stubborn... If I didn't listen to your words...then we could have..."