Chapter 19: Hideki's Resolve

*Lily's PoV, the next day*

Kaname and I decided to go to Mamoru Fukui's home for breakfast, since we told them that we would come by sometime.

I softly knocked on the door and the one to welcome us was little Ryoko, who had a happy smile once she saw us.

"Kaname, Lily! I'm happy you guys are here! Please come in!" She said with a happy smile.

"Thank you, Ryoko." I said with a smile.

When we made it inside, the only one we saw was Ryo, the reincarnation of Yusuke Fukui.

"Yo, Lily, Kaname." He said.

"Yusuke! I mean, Ryo." I giggled. "Sorry we didn't have enough time last night, it's just.."

"I know what happened. It's all over the radio." He said as he turned it on.

I then changed my attention to the radio.

This morning, it has been revealed that one of the legendary vampire hunters, Kazuki Adachi has died during a mission last night during a battle with a pureblood. According to his wife Hiromi, she reveals that he was successfully able to kill it but at the same time the vampire struck at him at the same time, causing him to lose a great amount of blood... He was not able to be saved due to the loss of blood..."

I-I can't hear anymore of this... It's too much...

"Can you please turn that off?" I said in a soft voice.

"Right. I apologize, Lily..." Ryo said.

"It's fine...I have to go home later today anyways to see what is going on over there. Plus I'm pretty sure Seira told Hiroki and Daisuke the news, but I'm not sure.." I said.

Then I saw Mamoru and his wife emerge from their room.

"You must be Miss Lily! Aww, you look sooo adorable!" She said as she touched my cheeks and pinched them. "Hehe, rumor has it that Princess Kira had very soft cheeks as well!" His wife said excitedly.

"Hehe...that is true, she did." Kaname said with a smirk.

"Now, now, Reiko. Don't embarrass Lily!" Mamoru said with a chuckle.

"It's just incredible how reincarnation works.." She then looked over at Kaname. "And you, are you Kaname Kuran's reincarnation?"

He smiled. "No. I am the same one from 9,000 years ago. I was simply put to rest after the war concluded." Kaname stated.

"Wow... Well, anyways! Let's make our way to the breakfast table and talk there! I've prepared a great breakfast for today!" Reiko said happily.

We made our way to the table and a simple Japanese breakfast was prepared: rice, miso soup, and tamagoyaki, which is an egg omelette.

"Hey, Lily. I just heard in the radio about..."

I then interrupted Mamoru's sentence.

"Yes, I know. My father died during a mission last night. "

"I'm sorry about your loss..."