Chapter 27: The Mission Begins

*Yuuki's PoV*

A cloudy evening. The moon is being covered by the clouds, and it looks like the weather isn't going to be nice tonight...

I nervously walked behind Maria back to the old Night Class dorms. Night was already falling so the Day Class girls were already in their dorms. Although I'm pretty sure that Zero and the others are patrolling right now. I don't want them to see me help Shizuka with her plan to end Lily's life.

"What? Are you scared now, Yuuki? Killing her will rid your worries. The path to be with Kaname will open once again. You'll have both Kaname and Zero running back to you, just like before Lily had come to this school. You want things to be the way they were right?"

I stayed silent and thought back to the time I met Lily.

"I'm Lily! I hope that we can be great friends, Yuuki!" She said cheerfully.

"Me too!" I said happily.

That was before I realized that she was in love with Kaname. She used me to get closer to Kaname, didn't she? I hate Lily. More than anything else in this world.

Her words echoed in my head once again.

"The both of us ended up falling in love! Not only because of who we were in the past 9,000 years ago, but also how we met now!"

It's not fair... Kaname and Lily share an inseparable bond... And because of her, Kaname even slapped me in the face!

I will take her life, if I must. She will regret everything she has done to hurt me. The man that was always by my side ever since I was born; the one who encouraged me, gave me hope for the future to live on is gone. No longer by my side... As for Zero, the one who always was there for me during the rough times when I wasn't at my best. The one who always put a smile on my face... is also gone as well.

"We are here." Maria said, getting me out of my thoughts.

I looked around, it was somewhere deep in the Night Class dorms. There, I saw Shizuka's sleeping body encased in ice. And I saw Zero's twin brother Ichiru as well looking up to where she slept.

"Ichiru... Why do you continue to look at my body, if my conscience is here in this girl's body?"

Ichiru turned around. "Forgive me, Lady Shizuka."

"Hey, don't worry about it. This is the time in which my body will be necessary to use. The time has finally come and the fun is about to begin. Yuuki has agreed to help." She stated.

Ichiru looked at me in surprise. "You? I thought that you would actually take their side. Why have you decided to help us?"

I stayed silent.

"That does not matter. All that matters is that we have gained yet another ally. And, someone else has agreed to help us as well..."

A man walked out of the shadows.

"I am called Yami. You, Miss Kuran...your sadness and hatred for Lily Adachi was what triggered my awakening... I must thank you. Thanks to you, I will finally be able to get my revenge..." He said with an evil smile.

*Maria's PoV, flashback*

A man with black hair and dark brown eyes appeared recently to me before going to get Yuuki. I figured since she hates Lily, she would be able to finish the job.