Chapter 13: Our Passionate Evening in the Moonlight

*Hiromi's PoV*
I stood in the mansion's balcony, looking up at the moon. I don't want Lily to remember that painful past. It's even more painful than her previous relationship with Itsuki... Her death was terrible as well.

I remember that night.. The night when one of the higher-ups from Takamagahara descended on the night that Lily was born...

*flashback*

In a beautiful cloudless May 15th night, I gave birth to my first daughter.

I held my second child Lily in my arms. She's so beautiful... As Kazuki and I looked at our newborn daughter, a man with long white hair and shining blue eyes appeared before us.

"My children..." A man's voice echoed throughout the hospital room.

"You're..." I said.

"Yes. I'm one of the higher-up gods from Takamagahara, Amaterasu. I've come here to give you both very important news..."

"What is it?" Kazuki said.

"The child that you are carrying now is the reincarnation of the Adachi ancestor, Kira Adachi. The one that we had no choice to kill because she fell in love with a vampire."

My eyes widened. No.. it's not possible!

"I'm warning you both. Please do make sure that she doesn't fall in love with Kaname Kuran again, or else the world itself will suffer grave consequences."

"What are you saying?! Our daughter should have the right to love who she wants to love!" I said.

"There is more to the curse, you know... If Lily falls in love with him and becomes one with him there is no turning back. If that happens, destiny is set in stone. The world will face destruction on her 18th birthday tonight.

"But.. Lily is our only daughter! She isn't cursed! What words are you speaking?!" Kazuki said.

"I can predict the future. You will have 2 more children. A son and a daughter. Your daughter Lily will be cursed."

No... I don't want to lose Lily! She is my precious daughter!

"What can be done to avoid this destruction?" I said.

"The best choice to to make sure they don't find each other. But if it gets further, then Kaname must kill her..." He said in a sad tone.

"No.. Kazuki. She cannot fall in love with a vampire! She can't! If that happens..."

"I know..." He said.

"I wish for the best of luck for the both of you..." With that, Amaterasu disappeared.

I hugged Lily. I don't want to lose you! I'll make sure that your eternal soulmate turns out to be a human!

*end of flashback*

I thought that everything was all set when she was engaged to Itsuki, but in the end it was all for nothing. Now she's at risk to meet him again.

I felt Kazuki's arms wrap around my waist. "Hiromi... don't overthink this. I'm positive that she has not met him yet. And she's probably enjoying the class trip with her friends right now." Kazuki said, reassuring me.

"...Wrong, Kazuki. The world is already at risk..." I turned around and he was there. Kazuki's father, Hideki Adachi. The man that's completely against the idea of coexistence with vampires.