Chapter 17: My Feelings Conveyed Through a Song

*Lily's PoV*

We arrived at the mansion and Kaname took my hand, helping me out of the carriage. At the entrance stood Michiko, who was waiting for our arrival.

"Welcome, Lord Kaname, Lady Lily! Everyone is here already, so if you may.." She said, signaling us to enter.

She escorted us inside to the living room, and there was my siblings with their partners, and Itsuki who was there, sitting alone.

"It took you guys long enough!" Hiroki said.

"Well sooorry that the place we are staying is not too close to here, Hiroki!" I said.

"Oh yeah. You guys have your own private beach house." Daisuke said.

"Lady Lily, if you may please come this way... I'll be helping you pick out your dress. As for the rest of you, other servants will be coming to attend you all as well." Michiko said.

Michiko took me to a room that was filled with many different types of dresses and jewelry, and my eyes widened in surprise. There's more dresses in here than my wardrobe! I don't even know where to start!

"I don't know which one to pick! There are just so many of them!" I said excitedly.

"That's why I'm here! To help you find a dress that is suitable for you, Lady Lily!" She said cheerfully.

"Please. Just Lily is fine, Michiko. I don't want people the same age as me to treat me formally."

"But.. You're of the Adachi-"

"Doesn't matter! Let's just talk closely, like good friends." I said with a smile.

"Lily... All right! I will!" She said in an outgoing tone.

"That's the spirit, Michiko! Now, let's go find that dress!"

"Right!"

"So it seems like looking at your skin color, I think maybe like a light blue dress or like an elegant purple color matches you real well." She said, studying me from head to toe.

"Really? I agree as well, I think black or maybe green would make a nice color as well." I said.

"Hmmm.. I think so as well. Also something a bit more revealing, don't you think?" She said.

I don't know about that... I'm not one to wear revealing dresses. It makes me nervous...

"Ummm... I don't know about that. I'm a bit insecure wearing revealing dresses.." I said a bit nervously.

"Well, it's all about trying something new, Lily. You don't have to if you want to."

Well, life is about trying new things, so... I looked around, and picked out a green dress that was slightly revealing.

 I looked around, and picked out a green dress that was slightly revealing