Chapter 11

Faith's POV:

"Promise me you'll call me if anything happens!" I said to Tim and took my purse. "Faith, go." Tim walked me to the door and kissed me. "But you have to let me know if anything happens." I said. "Audrey Faith, go have fun. Stop worrying. Now!" Tim said and opened the door. He laughed as I walked out, my friend Martina was taking me to the mall. I walked to her car and got in. "Hey, girl!" She said and smiled. "Hi." I said and put my seat belt on. "Whoa, don't get too excited." Martina said and drove off. "I'm sorry, Martina. I just didn't want to leave my baby." I said and looked out the window. "Well, we're gonna have a lot of fun today, we're gonna go shopping and go to a café. You'll love it." She said and I smiled. "I will." I said and turned the radio on. "That's Tim's song!" I said and we sang along to Truck Yeah, this is already so much fun. We went to the mall and walked to one of the stores. "Oh my god, Faith! Look at this dress, it would look so good on you." Martina said and walked to me with a black and red lace dress, it was very short. "Martina, that dress is too short, I can't wear that." I said and looked at one of the racks. "Please!" She begged. "I know Tim would love to see you in this." She said and moved closer to me. "Oh, I bet he would." I said and laughed. I kept looking at clothes. "Please, just try it on... for me?" She said and hugged me. "Okay, fine. Let me go." I said and took the dress from her. She jumped up and down and clapped her hands. "Calm down, Mcbride." I said and went to change. I put the dress on and looked at myself in the mirror. It actually looked good, I haven't felt good about my body since I had Samuel, I ate a lot of unhealthy food and I put on weight, I've been working out and I lost some weight doing that. "Faith, I've been waiting out here for 10 minutes. Are you coming out?" Martina said. "You're being impatient!" I laughed and walked out. Martina's jaw dropped when she saw me. "Faith, you look amazing!! If you don't buy that, I'm buying it for you." She said. "Okay, I'll buy it." I said and smiled. "So, what do you think?" She asked with a smile on her face. "I love it." I said and looked at myself in the mirror. "See, I'm always right." She said and we both laughed. "I'm taking it off now." I said and turned around. "No, no, no! You need some sexy heels." Martina said and pulled me to the shoes. "Martina, I have a bunch of a shoes at home." I said but she didn't answer. "These would look perfect with that dress." I heard someone say. I looked up and saw Karen Fairchild there with a pair of shoes. "Karen, hi! Thank you." I said, I hugged her and took the shoes. I put them on and they both said it looked perfect and I think I agree. "Thank you so much, Karen." I said and smiled at her. "You're welcome! How's your son?" She asked and smiled back at me. "He's great. He said Dada for the first time yesterday and it was really cute." I said and they both awed. "We're going to a café after we finish shopping. Do you want to come with us?" Martina asked Karen. "Yeah, you should come." I said. "I'd love to. But first I gotta take a selfie with y'all." Karen said and laughed a little. She got her phone and we all posed. I'm having a lot of fun with them, I need to do this more often. "Okay, I'm gonna get out of this dress." I said and went to change back into my clothes. After I payed we went to a café close to the mall. We talked about life and music, I really enjoyed spending time with other people than my family, I love them but it's nice to get out of the house. Karen went home early and Martina and I stayed a while longer. "I love Karen." Martina said. "I love her too, she's fun." I said and smiled. "I should get you home, I promised Tim I'd get you home around 5." Martina said and we left the café. We went to her car and I turned the radio on as she drove away, a George Strait song was on and of course we sang along to George. We stopped at a red light and kept jamming to his song, I missed hanging out with her. The light turned green and we drove off. I heard a loud bang and the next thing I knew everything was black.