Chapter 13

Maggie's POV:

My dad really scared me, something happened, I know something did. He wouldn't be like that because of nothing, he's not a man that gets scared easily and I saw it in his face that he was scared. I started crying and called my grandma. "Hi, Maggie." She said and I cried harder hearing her voice. "Grandma, something happened. Dad just ran out of here and told me to take care of my siblings. I'm scared, he wouldn't just run off like that. Can you please come over?" I said and wiped my tears. "Of course sweetheart. I'll be right there, stay strong for me." She said and we hung up. I called mom but she didn't answer, I left her a message. "Hey, mom. Dad just ran out of here and I don't know what happened. Please call me back when you can. Bye." I said and hung up. I heard Samuel cry through the baby monitor and I went to him and held him. "Shh, baby. Everything is okay, little brother, everything's okay." I said and rocked him. Everything is okay.

Tim's POV:

The doctor came out after about 20 minutes and sat down next to me. "How is she? And please be honest with me." I said and looked at him. "She... She's not good." He said. "Will she be okay? She will wake up, right?" I asked and I don't know if I wanted the answer. "We can't be sure but your wife is a fighter, she could've died in the car crash but she didn't." He said and put his hand on my back. "I have to go now, you can go sit with your wife, Mr. McGraw." He said and left. I was about to walk in her room when my phone called, it was my mom so I picked up. "Hey, Mama." I said and sat back down. "Tim, Maggie called me, she was really scared, said you ran out. What happened?" She asked and I felt a lump in my throat. "Uh, Mama... Faith got in a car accident... I don't know if she's going to make it." I said and started crying, my mom started crying too. "I'm so sorry, Tim but Faith is a fighter, she won't leave y'all, she has a family that needs her right now." She said. "Yeah, that's true. Can you tell the girls that something came up and I had to rush off, maybe you can bring them here tomorrow... Would you mind staying the night with them?" I said and rubbed my face. "I'll be with them as long as you need me to. Tell me if anything changes. Goodbye." She said. "I'll will, bye." I said and walked into Faith's room. I walked close to her and kissed her cheek softly. "I'm so sorry I made you leave the house when you didn't want to, this is all my fault." I said and started crying. I can't believe that my beautiful wife who was perfectly healthy a few hours ago is lying here. "Faith, I love you so much. I can't live without you. You're my whole world, you gave my children life. I need you here, I can't do this alone. If I lose you I'll go insane... I can't do this..." I put my head down and held her hand. I just cried, I let it all out. My phone started ringing and I saw it was my mom. "Hey, is everything okay?" I asked. "No. The girls know." She said and I heard Samuel crying... It's breaking my heart. "What?! How??" I said and took a step away from Faith. "It's all over the news and social media." She said and tried to calm him down. "Oh god. I can't believe this." I said and looked at Faith. "There's a lot of press outside of the hospital.." She said and I closed my eyes. "Goddamn it, try to get them to fall asleep... just tell them you'll bring them over tomorrow. Is that okay?" I said and sat down on a chair. "Okay, try to sleep tonight, Tim. Promise me that." She said and Samuel calmed down. "I promise, bye Mama." I said and hung up. "I will not let you out of my sight, baby." I said and moved the chair closer to Faith. "I love you." I said and kissed her hand. God, she needs to wake up now. I need to see those beautiful eyes again.