Chapter 27

Tim's POV:

Edna didn't say much to me she just told me to take care of Faith and the whole family. I just don't want her to die. She gave me my wife, she didn't give birth to her but she took care of her all her life. We'll all die eventually but It's not her time yet. She can't leave us yet but she thinks she's dying. She told me. Faith wants to know what she said but I can't tell her she think she's gonna die, I need to protect my baby.

"Mr. Perry... Can I talk to you?" The doctor said walking into the room. "Sure. Can my daughter come with me?" He asked and Faith looked at her dad. "Yeah, you can." The doctor said. Faith grabbed my hand on her way out and took me with them. "Sir, I hate to tell you this but your wife doesn't have much time... She's getting very sick." The doctor said. "So she's going to die?" Ted asked and Faith turned around and buried her face in my chest. "Yes." The doctor said and Faith broke down. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight.
"What's going on?" Her brother asked walking to us. "She's dying." Ted said and sat down. "No." I heard Faith mumble. She shook her head and clung onto my shirt. Tears filled my eyes and I kissed Faith's head. I moved backwards slowly and sat down. I pulled Faith down onto my lap and she cuddled into me.

Faith and her dad have been sitting besides her, holding her hand while she falls asleep. Her doctor told her to rest. There are so many downs in this family right now. Where are all the ups? Edna told me about a ring. She wanted me to keep it and give to Samuel when he finds his love. It hurts to know that she's lost hope.

Faith looks so broken I just want to hold her and protect her from all this pain. "Not to push you away dear but I think you should go to your kids and talk to them about this... or at least spend some time with them to let them know you're there for them." Ted said and looked over at Faith. She looked at her mom. "I know you want to stay with her but you really need to think about your children. Samuel doesn't understand but your girls do. Take care of them." Ted said and Faith nodded slowly. She stood up and walked to me, all I could see is the pain in her eyes. She took my hand and we walked out of the hospital without saying a word. We stood there for a few minutes. "Let's walk." Faith said and started to walk away but I pulled her to me and hugged her. She hugged me back and cried. "I don't want to lose her, baby I can't lose her." She cried and I just held her. I don't know what to say to make her feel better. I wish there was something, I love her so much, it hurts to watch her in pain. I took her hand and we started walking. I looked at her and she was covering her fave, she probably doesn't want people to see her crying. I took off my ball cap and my sunglasses and put it on her. "Here, baby." I said and she wrapped he arms around my neck and hugged me. "I love you, thank you for this." She said and kissed my cheek. "You're welcome." I said and kissed her lips.

We walked to the house and the girls were sitting on the front porch with Samuel. "Hey there kiddos." I said and Samuel smiled wide. "Mama!!" He screamed when he saw Faith. He walked along the table and then walked a few steps to Faith. "Wow!" Faith said and picked him up. "Mama is so happy to see you." She said and hugged him. He loves it when she hugs him, it's adorable because he hates it when people hug him. I sat next to Maggie and she laid her head on my shoulder so I put my arm around her. "How was Grandma?" Audrey asked and held Gracie's hand. "Well..." I looked at Faith and she sat down next to me. She wanted to cry. "She's in a bad shape, girls... she might not have much time." They all started crying and I held Maggie tighter. "Come here girls, sit with us." I said and they moved to us and we all hugged. I cried too, it hurts to see all of them in pain and it hurts me too to know that she might be leaving us soon.