Chapter 29

Tim's POV:

We just arrived at the hospital. We left Samuel at home with Wes and his wife so we could go alone.

"Mom, can just the three of us go inside?" Maggie asked and looked down. "Yes, of course." Faith said and kissed her cheek.
We walked together to Edna's room and let the girls go inside.
Faith and I watched them through the window. They were all trying not to cry but at one point they all started crying and it broke my heart. My poor girls. "My poor babies." Faith said and put her arms around my waist. I put my arms around her and hugged her. "It's breaking my heart too." I said and kissed the top of her head.
The girls talked to her for 15 minutes then she started to get tired. They all walked out crying and we all hugged. "We love you." I said and kissed their heads.
"We love y'all too." They all said and and we stood there hugging. "I know she's a little tired but your dad and I are going to go in for a minute, is that okay by you?" Faith asked and they nodded. We walked in slowly and she smiled a little looking at us. "Y'all have the most amazing children, you know that?" She said and coughed. "We do know." Faith said and held her hand.
"You do too." I said and she squeezed Faith's hand a little. "I know I do. I thank God every single day for them. I'm very lucky." She said and Faith looked down. "Don't cry, beautiful. My time here is over." She said and Faith cried. "No, Mama. It isn't your time. We need more time with you." Faith said and cried harder. "Baby, I-" Edna started saying but stopped. She passed out and the machine started beeping loudly. I pushed the button quickly and Faith shook her a little. "Mama? MAMA??" She screamed and I pulled her away when the doctors came rushing in. "No, NO I NEED TO BE HERE." She screamed at me but I kept pulling her away. "TIM!" She kept yelling. "You know you need to move, they need to do their job." I said and held her tight. She started sobbing and I cried. We ran to the girls and held them. They were all so scared.
"What's happening?" Maggie said between sobs. "We don't know, baby." Faith said crying. Ted was sitting there with his head in his hands so I went there and sat besides him and rubbed his back, he was crying. I've never seen the man cry and I know he doesn't want anyone else to see. We are all crying and waiting for the doctors to come out.

"We've waited here for 20 minutes!!" Faith said and started pacing. "Baby, sit down." I said and she shot me a evil look. "Don't do that, come here." I said and she walked to me and sat down next to me. "Girls, go to the cafeteria and get something to eat." I said and they left. I held her tight and she cried to my shoulder. "Mr. Perry?" The doctor said and walked out. Faith jumped up quickly. "I'm so sorry... We did everything we could but she didn't make it." The doctor said and I grabbed Faith and hugged her. She started sobbing and I held her. I started crying too, I can't believe she's really gone. "Daddy." Faith said and sat down next to him. "I'm okay, I knew this was coming... She's in a better place now, darlin." He said and Faith cried. "What happened?" Audrey asked standing there. I took a quick look at Faith and she nodded. I walked to the girls and held their hands. "Girls... Your Grandma didn't make it..." I said and fought my tears. Gracie and Audrey ran to their mom but Maggie stood there frozen. She looked at me hurt. "Dad..." She said and I grabbed her and held her. She cried to my chest and I rubbed her back and head. "Maggie?" Ted said and walked to us. "Yeah." She said and looked at him, not letting me go. "She loved you so much, I wish she could've stayed with us longer but her time was up." He said and kissed her head. Ted sat back down and Maggie sat with him. I walked over to Faith and the girls. Faith looked at me with so much pain in her eyes. I can't believe she's really gone. "We need to go home and tell everybody." Ted said. "You wanna go home?" I asked. "Yeah, I do." He said and stood up. "Okay, let's go." I said and we all walked to the car. We all got in and drove home. When we got out all I could hear was Samuel crying. I ran inside and Wes had him. "He fell on his head, he's okay but he'll get a bump." Wes said and I took him. "Dada!" He said and cried. "It's okay, baby boy, it's okay." I said and he hugged me. I rocked him slowly and Faith walked to us. "Can we go up to our room? My head is killing me, I need to lay down." She said and kissed Samuel's head. He relaxed and stopped crying. I nodded and took her hand. We walked up to our room. Faith laid down on the bed and cried more. "Hey, Samuel, let's make Mama feel better." I whispered to him and we sat down next to Faith. "Mama?" He said and shook her arm. "Yeah, baby?" She said and wiped her eyes. He climbed on top of her and hugged her. Faith held him and covered her mouth with her hand and cried. "Oh, baby." I started crying as well and I held the both of them. "Knock, knock." I heard Audrey say and all the girls walked in and laid besides us. "We all love you, Mama." They said and we all laid there hugging each other. "I love y'all too."