⎡28⎦

I woke up automatically energized. Today was my big day! September 8th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME!!! I got up before Astoria and rushed to get my clothes on. I opened the bathroom door and stepped out when I heard a groan.

"Ughhh. Hazel what time is it?" she asked. I walked up to her and crouched so my mouth was near her ear.

"MY BIRTHDAY!" I yelled into her ear.

"AHHH!" She shrieked falling off the bed. I fell over in laughter. Our laughter died down and we walked to breakfast. I already knew what was going to happen. As the doors opened I felt arms wrap around my legs and pick me up. I laughed as I was slid into the Gryffindor table.

"Hiya guys!" I said once I was situated.

"Hi Hazel!" Everyone chorused back. Presents were shoved into my hands.

    I took the box from the twins to get the confetti over with. The room quieted as I slowly opened the box and thrust it outwards to avoid being shot. Nothing happened. As I peered into the box the confetti spit out. Everyone started howling in laughter. I could tell the people at the Head Table where chuckling or trying not to laugh. I wiped off the confetti and looked into the box. Inside was so much chocolate I was in Heaven. A smile crept onto my face and I sighed.

"You guys know me so well," I said. I opened the rest of my presents from the Gryffindors. Chocolate Frog from Ron. A Muggle book called The Book Thief from Hermione. A makeup kit from Ginny that made her brothers worry. A Galleon from Harry because he didn't have time to get anything. Oh! And a thank you card from Neville from saving him from the book. My grin widened as I saw my pissed brother.

"This better not become a habit!" He yelled at the twins.

"It already is!" They yelled back. I laughed.

"Happy Birthday Hazie." He said giving me a hug.

"Thanks Jay." I replied. James handed me a box. Inside where a bunch of paints.

"I noticed your stash at home was running out." he said.

"Thank you so much!" I threw my arms around him, "Can you send this to Phoebe to take to Dad?" He nodded and took the box. I sat down next to Draco who handed me a small box but went back to talking with his friends. I noticed on the other side of Draco. Parkinson was clinging to his arm. I snatched the box from the table and opened it. Draco didn't even bother to watch. I opened it up and inside was a beautiful emerald ring. I smiled and slipped it on. 

Two more owls came in. Errol and Themis. Errol dropped the parcel on my head and Themis landed in front of me looking at the other owl in disgust. I fed them food and took the boxes. They both flew out. I opened the parcel from Mrs. Weasley and saw my favorite cookies. Some of them were cracked and I HATE cracked cookies.

"Bloody bird broke my cookies!" I exclaimed before sticking one in my mouth. James laughed and took one. I sighed and opened the next present from my father.

Inside of the parcel was a whole load of more paintbrushes and a letter.

Dear Hazel,

Happy Birthday! I noticed your paintbrushes could use some shining. Here are some new ones.

I love you,

Dad

I smiled and handed the box to James.

"Write Dad a letter and tell him that I love them but want to keep it safe at home." James nodded and walked out of the Great Hall towards the owlery. I got up as well and slung my bag over my shoulder. Grabbing my stuff, I walked out of the Great Hall I made my way to my dorm and put my presents away. I skipped outside in the beautiful fall summer weather. It gets better every year.