A New Friend

The figure and I finally reached our destination. We stood in front of the tavern where I booked a room. The invisibility potion started to wear off. I began to see the figures body. When I could actually see the figure I asked "Why are we here? Isn't this the first place they'd look?"

"No the impression you gave to Lord Luther proved that you are smarter then others so they will think you wouldn't hide here 'cause it's to obvious" said the figure. I couldn't see his face because he was looking away from me.

"Um... May I know your name since you helped me. I'd like to know the name of the one who saved me" I stated. He turned around to face me. He had black hair with black irises. He wore a black jacket that had white trimmings. He wore a deep grey V neck shirt with a pair of darker grey pants. On his feet were brown boots that reached above his ankles by a few inches. The jacket he wore reach half way down his calfs.

" Yes my name is Garth" he said." I'm going to stay with you tonight so nothing happens. In the morning I'll help you get out of this Kingdom so you won't be found."

"Whoa, wait. I can't leave I have something I need to do in this kingdom" I said."I have to complete it or something bad will happen." I look down at the sword in my hand." Why are you helping me? I don't understand why you are helping me" I said.

" I'm helping you because you helped others. If they were to see you taken into custody, like the way it would have been if I hadn't helped, they would think they would ever be free from their life of pain they have now. Now they have the strength to fight back because you raised Their spirits and gave them hope" Garth explained." This news will spread fast and soon the people of this kingdom will rebel. With just a small act of justice, a huge influence of hope can be made."

"Wow, I didn't know how my acts can lead to such things" I said looking down.

" Well we better get inside before someone spots us" Garth said. I nod and fallow him into the tavern. Like before there were many drunk men In the room. Garth grabs my wrists and weaves threw the many men. When we got to the bar counter the man spots me.

"Oh hello Lass. Here's your key. Your room is on the very top floor. Hope you have a nice night" said the man as he handed me the key. I give him a smile and turned around to try and find the stairs. I see some stairs on the other side of the room.

"Fallow me" I said to Garth. He nods as I begin to squeeze past men. When I reached the stairs I waisted no time and just ran up the stairs. When I reached the top floor I was standing in front of a door. I put the key in the lock and turned it hearing the clicking sound. I push the door open to see Two queen sized beds on the opposite wall from the door. There was a desk at the right off the door and a dresser on the left. I walk in and plop my bag and sword by the door. I take the bed on the left side of the room. I sit on the side of the bed and take off my crown. The crown was a beautiful gold with white diamonds imbedded in it. There were detailed carvings in the gold alone the base of the crown. I place it down on the little table next to my bed. I was so tired. I look out the window to see the sun setting.

"Whoa slow down next time" Garth said walking in. After closing the door behind him, he throws himself onto his bed." Your names Astaya, Right?" Garth asks.

"Yeah that's my name" I said

"Well Astaya we should get some sleep. We don't know how long we have with the Knights after us" Garth stated. I nod and look back out the window. The sun had almost set completely. I hear Garth sigh then role over to face the other way. I get under the blankets and looked up at the ceiling. I slowly began to fall deeper and deeper into my sleep till I was unconscious.