The Gods, Goddess, and Their Kin

I entered the throne room. Zack sat on his throne while smirking. Alic was arguing with Zack about something. Lassie was leaning against a wall annoyed. She runs over to me when she noticed my presence.

"Astaya? Are you alright?" She asked. "Your eyes are still a little black." I give her a grim smile.

"Yeah I'm alright, but I don't know how long I'm going to last," I said. She was confused which manifested into rage.

"What did Zack tell you?" She asks with a deadly gaze.

"Nothing that will effect me at this time," I said as I give her a reassuring smile. "But I'll be alright." Lassie gaze softens as her disappears.

"You never think of yourself, do you Astaya?" Lassie asks. "It's always everyone else first. Someday this will backfire on you. And on that day, I'm going to say I told you so." She had a serious look on her eyes. My smile became grim.

"That would be a big day, and most likely the day I die," I said. "That's the day I won't be able to go on. But until then, I'll try my best to bring harmony to this broken world." Lassie sighed.

"You know you are an idiot, right? I'm not going to let that day come. Because it will effect both of us, physically and mentally," Lassie said. I nod.

"Yes, I'm aware. Let's just leave this subject alone for now and so what we came here to do," I said. Lassie nods agreeing that it would be smart to leave it where it's at. Together, we walked up to the steps leading up to the throne. Liam entered the room. He made his way over to us with his ayes facing the ground like he was thinking. Zack took in a breath.

"So Astaya, what is it that has been bothering you lately?" Zack asked. I didn't know where to start. I guess I'll start with my dream.

"Well the night that Griffin hurt me, I had a dream," I began. "What I saw was strange. It felt so real but also far from it. In my dream, met-." I stopped for a second. They were on the edge of their seats. "My family."

"What?!" The siblings yell. Zack was taken aback by my words. Liam didn't seem all that surprised. His eyes showed pain.

"Who are members of your family?" Zack asks. "Dreams are very unusual. You may be remembering some past memories."

"My dream showed my brother and my mother. Eric the gold king, and Irene, the late Queen of white," I said. Alic and Lassie were exploding with emotions. Zack couldn't hide his shock nor his interest. And Liam still didn't react.

"The gold king?! No one has ever seen his face except for his people! And the Queen?! She passed many years ago! This must have been a dream or old memories," Zack said.

"I don't believe that this was a past memory. Because I saw Garth. He told me he was trapped in the dream realm."

"I've heard of a magic that does that. It's obviously black magic. But the only way to get them out is to be the one who sent him there, or to enter the dream realm by using the same magic," Zack said. "And who is this Garth character?"

"Astaya's first ally," Alic said with pity in his eyes. "He was striped away from her by Dante." At the mention of how he was taken made my emotions well up inside me.

"I couldn't protect him," I said. "I was weak, my sword was taken as well as my friend. I still can't believe I let this happen." Lassie patted me on the back comfortingly.
It wasn't your fault. It's Dante's," Lassie says threw gritted teeth. I nod, but really I still blamed myself. Scratching his head, Zack was beginning to get close to an answer. When it finally came to him, he snapped his fingers.

"I got it!" He said. "So all the Kings came here as children and were given to the Kings before them. We don't know our birth parents. And Astaya came to this world as a fully grown woman. So there must be another world where our first few years of life were made. In the history books, all kings and queens were direct descendants of the gods. If Astaya's mother was Irene, and Irene was a direct daughter of the goddess Kadence, then that makes Astaya only a quarter of a god. Unless Irene was born of godly blood from both parents. Then you'd be half immortal." Zack was very into his hypothesis.

"Um English please," Alic said. Zack sighed.

"That was English, it's just to complex to get threw your thick skull," Zack sneered. Alic released a low groan. "Simplified for those with little brains, I am thinking there is another world or realm, where the gods live along with the dead and their children."

"You are quite close. But still wrong," said a recognizable voice. "Actually, Irene was pregnant with Astaya and her brother while she was still alive. So when she died, they died along with her and were brought to the spirit realm. Where she raised them. So Astaya and her brother are both demigods and undead." I looked around for the owner of the voice. I already knew who I was looking for.

"Come out Dante!" I yelled. I hear someone laugh.

"Oh Astaya, you truly are beautiful with an angered expression, and those diluting black eyes I gave you," Dante said stepping out of the shadows. He was smirking wickedly. My glare was sharp. Lassie put her hand on one of her Daggers, Alic got ready for a fight, Zack got up from his throne, and Liam stood proud and ready for anything.

"You did this to me?! You monster!" I screamed.

"Aww, is the little princess mad because she didn't get what she wanted?" Said a mocking voice. Megan walked out to show her face. Fallowing her was Griffin. His eyes looked dead and expressionless.

"Griffin what are you doing!" Alic yelled.

"I'm fighting for love," he said blankly.

"This isn't love! She's using you!" Lassie yelled.

"No you're wrong. Our love is stronger then any spell," Griffin said.

"Astaya, he doesn't love you anymore. Just face it," Dante said. A storm began to stir deep inside my heart.

"I already faced it! And I won't let you take Griffin away too!" I said. With a shing from my sword, I was engulfed in magic. Oh how I missed the feeling of such power. "Let's go Dante!"