Astaya's Trump Card

"Let's finish this!"

"Zack, hold back Megan. Griffin, distract Dante. Elusive, Dominic, try to tire out Yayoi and Jordan, all familiars, help out your masters. Lassie, Solaris, cover me. I have an idea," I said. I didn't know if this was going to work, but it was all I had left. My hands were shaking. Lassie stood in front of me with her daggers in hand.

"What's your plan?" Lassie asks.

"Yeah," Solaris says.

"I'm going to use...It," I said. Lassie spun around and looked me dead in the eyes. Her expression was concern and defiance, but mostly fear.

"That didn't end well before. What makes you think that it will be any better now, considering the fact that this could make your eyes darker," Lassie said. "If Alic wasn't there before you'd be falling deeper into madness. I couldn't do anything because I was dead. How are we going to stop you if you go out of control. Alic's not going to be much help. This could destroy you!"

"I know," I said. "But its all I got left." My eyes met Lassie's. Her gentle eyes were piercing at this moment. My eye stared back helplessly. "I can do this Lassie," I insisted. She finally responded with a sigh.

"Fine, but if you get out of hand, I'm pulling you out," Lassie said. smiling, I nod to her statement.

"Got it," I said giving her my classic I-wont-fail smile. Lassie just scowled back at me with reluctance. Solaris returned my smile that Lassie rejected and turned around ready to protect. Turning back to the sword in my hand, I took a deep breath. Concentrating hard, The magic around me grew. I needed a lot of magic for this spell. I needed to get angry. Everyone ran off to deal with their marks as I struggled to gather magic. A sudden pain shot through my body.

"Astaya?! What's wrong?!" Griffin shouts.

"She's doing what she needs to," Lassie said, clearly disagreeing with my choice. "She's bringing back the sword." Griffin was going to shout at Lassie and tell her how stupid she was allowing me to do this, but I gave him a shut-up-and-let-me-do-this look.

"Let her do what needs to be done Griffin," Zack said. "Don't let anything happen to her Lassie." She nods with a look of determination.

"I won't," Lassie said. Their concern for me gave me a greater sense of my purpose in life. I needed to save these royals and their people.

"Thank you all," I said as tears leaked from my eyes. A new power was found deep within me. "I will fight for you all. White Queen's second form...HEAVENLY SWORD!" A huge gust of magic engulfed me. Magic that looked like a glowing white ribbon wrapped around my sword. When the sword finished its transformation, the white ribbon exploded like confetti. The sword looked different this time, being a different sword. The blade was curved to look like a angel wing. The guard was a shimmering gold with gems encrusted in it. dangling from the ends of the guard were white crystals. The sword was eight feet long like the last one. my pure magic leaked streams of power from my eyes. My magic power was overwhelming for both me, my allies, and my enemies.

"She did it!" Solaris exclaims. Just as my comrades got a new sense of victory, Dante began to laugh hysterically.

"You idiots! She can't protect you in this state!" Dante laughed. "If anything, she is your enemy now!" Dante lifted his hand and aimed it at me. "Aim at them Astaya," Dante said with his wicked smirk. My body began to move on its own. Dammit! Its happening again! I aimed my gigantic sword at the two gods.

"NO! Astaya!" Griffin yelled.

"Lassie! Stop her!" Zack yelled. Lassie refused to budge. "Lassie! Now!"

"No," Lassie responds.

"What the heck is up with you?!" Zack shouts. "She could kill us all!"

"There is nothing wrong with her," Lassie said. "She is in perfect control." A small smile crept onto my face.

"You know me to well Lassie," I said.

"Fire!" Dante commanded. I release a powerful blow towards the Gods. Behind them stood Yayoi and Jordan. Dominic smiled to me as Elusive smirked. The gods grabbed onto their matching colour descendants.

"Kadence would be proud," Dominic said before being surrounded by my magic.

"So would Sean," Elusive adds. The four of them vanished from sight. Dante was smirking with victory... Or so he thought. Two figures emerged from my pure magic. Blue and green auras intertwined together as their power grew bigger then the leftovers of mine. They're back. Dante was infuriated.

"How is this possible?! I told you to destroy them!" Dante shouts.

"No you told me to aim. You never said what spell to use," I said.

"She used a healing spell in the form of a beam," Zack said realizing my plan. Dante was gritting his teeth. With the flick of his finger, Dante knocked my sword from my grasp. The heavenly sword disappeared leaving my sword in its normal form. My power was greatly weakened. I was suddenly lifted up by an unknown force. I couldn't breath. Dante pulled me towards him. When I was close enough, he took my neck in his hand.

"You are a major pain. Its surprising how you're still alive. But I need you alive," Dante said. "For now I'll leave you with these lowlifes. I'll be back, and when I return, you'll be mine. I'll leave you with this gift." A sharp pain followed by blood pierced my neck. Dante disappeared with those final words. Megan was gone as well. My weak body began to give away below me. I slowly fell to the ground. I hit the ground hard. Lassie fell soon after me. With the little strength I had left I felt my neck. A strange feeling was tingling throughout my veins. A lump was formed on my neck where the sharp pain occurred. Pulling my hand away from my neck, what I saw next changed me instantly. On my fingers was a liquid as pure as a dark night sky. looking a little lower at my wrist, the blood pumping through my veins had turned black.

"Astaya!" My comrades distant voices yelled. I was no longer strong enough to keep from falling unconscious. Solaris was the first to reach me. I gave him a small smile and lifted my bloody hand to his face and stroked his fur. He was shocked to discover blood on my hand.

"Please... Tell them. I'm to weak-," I trailed off. My vision blurred as black dots covered my eyes view. Everything soon fell into darkness.

_______________________________________________

Hey my lovely readers. Sorry for not updating sooner. I lost inspiration for a while. It came back when I decided to draw this story in a manga style for a school project. It turned out well and I was very proud of it. Thank you all for staying this long and reading my story. I am happy to have you amazing readers. C ya, Peace out.