Chapter 8: "Keep us close"

Natalie's POV

Ugh I just want to slap these kids...Become a teacher they said..It will be fun they said....Well it's not fun....

"Have a nice day class," I smile, and wait for the last hour to come in. Thank god it's Friday....Why didn't they have the first school day on a Monday? Who knows? The class filed in, and soon the late bell rang. I took roll, then stood in front of the classroom.

"Alright class don't let me down," I sighed,"Please don't let me down like the previous hours have." The class chuckled, and I ran a hand through my hair.

"Someone please tell me they know about Romeo and Juliet," I sighed, and watched as some kids raised their hands. "Oh thank god," I smiled in relief,"Alright Jewel tell me what you know."

"Don't they kill themselves?"She asked. At least they know something.

"Yes they do," I chuckled,"Does anyone know why?" Wesley raised his hand. "Wesley, tell me what you know," I smirked. This ought to be interesting.

"Well," Wesley says standing up,"Romeo and Juliet were torn lovers. Destine to be together, but were forbidden to be together. Why you might ask...because of their families....The...ummm...uhh...That's all I got." The whole class laughed, as did I.

"Thank you for that Wesley," I laughed, as he sat down. "Wesley was correct," I chuckled,"Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet, were forbidden lovers...that perished." Kayden raised his hand.

"Yes Kayden,"I addressed.

"Why are you telling us about this?" he asked.

"I was getting there," I glared,"We will be acting out, and analyzing  this Shakespearean play for you as a part of the upcoming poetry unit. After Romeo and Juliet, we will be writing our own poems...You have been warned." The class chuckled, and Kayden raised his hand again.

"Yes Kayden,"I sighed.

"Will you write my poem?"I smiled.

"No I will not,"I replied, and grabbed the cup filled with papers. "Take one paper out of this cup, and keep it on your desk...No trading,"I boomed. I walked up and down the rows, until everyone had their papers.

"Alright if you have the blue piece of paper please stand up," I announced, and wrote down everyone's name. "Alright blue sit down. Red papers please stand up," I blurted , then wrote down the peoples names. I checked the clock then realized that there was 2 minutes left of class. Dang...time does fly.

"On Monday I will let you know, what those papers mean," I advised,"On your way out put the papers back in the cup. Please and thank you." As soon as I finished the bell rang, and the class poured out of the classroom.

I gathered my belongings, and locked up my classroom. Walking outside I saw Kayden talking to his friends, and Lucy standing a safe distance away from them. I smiled at the scene, and unlocked the car.

Lucy looked at Wesley one last time before getting into the car. Aww young love. I walked to my side of the car, and looked at Kayden and his little "squad".

"Kayden lets go," I ordered,"We have to meet your father at the airport." Kayden said goodbye to his friends, and got into the car. After I got into the car I drove to the preschool. We got the twins, and headed towards the gang airport. Yes the gang owns a airport...well they built there own airport.

"Why does dad have to leave?" Lucy asked.

"We've been over this Lucy," I sighed.

"I mean I get it for Uncle Cole but," she trailed off.