Chapter 32: The Weeping Willow & Lehlani

Cole's POV

Last night was.......interesting. I can't say i'm ashamed. I mean, yeah, there were other people in the house but they couldn't hear what happened. 

I glanced down at the sleeping Talia on my chest and smiled. She's cute....Good Lord, is this what feelings are like? Not a fan.

I carefully removed Talia from my arms, and got out of bed. After finding some underwear, and sliding on some pajamas pants, I walked out of the bedroom. As I walked downstairs, I bumped into my maid, Ophelia.

 As I walked downstairs, I bumped into my maid, Ophelia

"Good morning Ophelia,"I yawned, and stretched

"Good morning Mr. Cole,"She greeted,"Breakfast is ready, and I made coffee cake."

"You're an angel,"I smiled, and started walking off.

"Oh and Mr.Cole,"Ophelia called out. I turned toward her, and she continued,"There's a strange lady in the kitchen. I think she may be possessed."

I raised an eyebrow at her, and motioned for her to show me. I followed her to the kitchen doorway, and we both peeked in. Jane had her back turned toward us, and it seemed like she was talking to someone.

"I miss you,"she stated, aloud to no one. "What would you like for dinner? I could make your favorite," she paused, then giggled,"Mike stop."

Ophelia looked back at me, and made the Sign of the Cross. "Should I call a priest?"She asked.

I shook my head and sighed,"No, but do me favor and get me the number for St. Claires."

"Yes, Mr. Cole,"She obeyed, and walked off. I walked into the kitchen, and leaned against the table.

"Jane, Do we need to have a talk?"I asked, as she turned around.

"About what?"She questioned, with her head cocked. I looked at her face, and sighed. I can't do this...

"Nothing Jane,"I smiled, and walked over to the coffee pot. After pouring my cup of coffee, I turned back toward Jane, and saw her eating eggs. "Jane how would you feel if one of our siblings were alive?"I wondered, and she looked at me with a smile on her face.

"I'd be happy,"She smiled.

"Happy? Not surprised or suspicious?"I asked, and she shook her no. "Jane,"I paused,"Walk with me." I walked out of the kitchen, and she followed close behind. 

"Where are we going Cole?"Jane wondered, as we walked outside.

"Remember when we were little, and mom would take us to Grandma's?"I questioned, and she nodded,"Remember how much we loved Weeping Willows that would hang over the river?"

"Yeah, and mom would draw them as we played,"Jane smiled. We walked towards the river, and Jane was all smiles.

"Check that out,"I smiled, and pointed to the Weeping Willow.