Chapter 40: Terminal

Carter's POV

After the whole ax incident, the guys and I walked inside to notify the troops. We got in the elevator, and Kent looked at Cole.

"I'm sorry I took your ax," Kent apologized, "I just wanted to hold it." I laughed at his inner child, and shook my head.

"Don't do it again," Cole glared. Kent and AJ shared a look, and I knew they were planning for the next time. 

"So do you and Nat have any other hidden places in the house?" Kai asked, out of the blue.

"Yeah a couple, why?" I replied.

"Well I feel like you and Nat have some rooms that you're not telling us about," Kai smirked, raising an eyebrow. My eyes widened slightly before going back to normal.

"What I have in my house is none of your concern," I stated sternly. Kai put his hands up in defense, as the other 3 chuckled. The elevator doors opened, and we were greeted by Talia and Madison.

"Thank god you're all okay," Talia breathed, and hugged Cole.

"Aww," Kent cooed, earning a glare form Cole. Madison kissed AJ, then turned toward me.

"Did we win?" She wondered. I nodded, and she did a little victory dance. I laughed at her awful dance moves, before I felt arms wrap around my legs. When I looked down I saw my twins. I scooped both of them up, and they giggled.

"Dada where did you go?" Katrina asked.

"Outside," I answered, but she didn't seem satisfied with my answer.

"You owe us new dress up clothes," Sierra scowled.

"Why?" I asked in disbelief.

"You made momma sad," Katrina clarified. Okay now I'm confused. They were just happy to see me, and now they're saying Natalie's upset.......I really need a vacation.

"Where's your mother?" I questioned, and they both pointed down the hall. I set them down, and headed down the hall. After a bit of looking I finally found her in one of the master bedrooms down here.

 After a bit of looking I finally found her in one of the master bedrooms down here

The girls were right, Nat did look upset. Lets find out why.

"Why the long face beautiful?" I asked, and sat beside her on the bed. She wrapped her arms around my neck, and I pulled her onto my lap.

"Kayden's mad at me," She mumbled.

"Why?" I questioned, with an eyebrow raised. She looked up at me, then back down at her lap.

"I told him that I almost killed him," She admitted, and my eyes widened. Wait what?

"You did what?" I gaped. She sighed, then unwrapped her arms from my neck.

"The night you faked your death I pulled a gun out on Kayden," She explained, "It's been eating me alive ever since I did it."

"Nat, Kayden could've gone his whole life without knowing that," I sighed, and rubbed her back.